Huge Bet In SEP SPY Calls

Discussion in 'Options' started by Trader5287, Aug 26, 2007.

1. It's legit, but it's hard to know whether they were bought or sold. Ruling out a naked position, word on the street is that they are part of a bear call spread.

#21     Aug 26, 2007
  2. It's unlikely that anyone on the buy-side is selling the calls at intrinsic. The post will be buyers or sellers to maintain liquidity, that's their job. It's paper-buying if those prints are legitimate.

#22     Aug 26, 2007
  3. I posted some info about these trades on another thread.

These trades were all crossed, the same HUGE options firm is on both sides of the trades and there was NO or tiny open interest in those strikes before those trades.

I a lot of people in the business started poking around once those trades hit the tape and its very difficult to keep much secret in todays markets.

These trades were an account swap so inject some capital from one part of the same firm to another where I would suspect they took some big hits.

#23     Aug 27, 2007
  4. I posted some info about these trades on another thread.

These trades were all crossed, the same HUGE options firm is on both sides of the trades and there was NO or tiny open interest in those strikes before those trades.

I a lot of people in the business started poking around once those trades hit the tape and its very difficult to keep much secret in todays markets.

These trades were an account swap so inject some capital from one part of the same firm to another where I would suspect they took some big hits.

#24     Aug 27, 2007