Huge Anglo-Saxon gold hoard found

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by new$, Sep 24, 2009.

1. new$

new$

read slowly

Roger Bland, head of portable antiquities and treasure at the British Museum, said: "The most we can say is, I think we're fairly confident it is likely to be a seven-figure sum."

BBC correspondent Nick Higham said the hoard would be valued by the British Museum and the money passed on to Mr Herbert and the landowner.

#11     Sep 25, 2009
  2. jem

jem

odd that you would say that. I trade gold and I have been overall profitable trading it. However, I did not kill it like a couple of people I know. I did just put on my largest short in years in a different vehicle so I will not be able to put too much into gold. If my short works you would expect gold to go up.

#12     Sep 26, 2009
  3. It was a (somewhat misguided) attempt at a joke, y'know...

#13     Sep 26, 2009
  4. They are going to pay him a fraction of what it is worth on the black market for such treasure. It is up to the museum & the Queen to decide the value, not the finder.

I doubt he will even get spot price for it. But even at spot with 11lbs assumed to be 99.9%, that is 400kUSD. Of which he will lose half to taxes. Far from the 7 figs the journalist claims.

But at least he gets something.

#14     Sep 29, 2009