Huckleberry Finn goes PC

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lucrum, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13806210

"An Alabama professor is set to release a new edition of Mark Twain's "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn," without the "N" word.

Twain scholar Alan Gribben plans to have the books out by February for readers who are offended by the "N" word and other slurs found throughout the book.

The book has already been banned from libraries across the country and dropped from school reading lists; mostly because of the language.

Twain uses the "N" word more than 200 times.
    "

[​IMG]

2. I believe this type of censorship is retarded but all so common, for their own backward reasons liberals and conservatives have righteously demanded that children in state sponsored schools the world over read only politically correct words and ideas.

3. I've heard that Asian people get offended also if you call them the "N" word. Just sayin,

4. They do seem to get very irate when you refer to them as "chinks".

5. What's odd (and makes no sense to me) is that they find being referred to as "oriental", highly offensive. I wonder why. I mean, I think that's better than "Asian". Because in Europe, "asian" means Arab, Paki, or any number of other 3rd world, under developed locales. "Oriental" implies, to me at least, as coming from the (mostly developed) far east... I'd prefer that to "asian". Then again someone who hasn't spent time in Europe wouldn't know that...