Huckabee?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by slowdown, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Has the media not taken any of Paul's money for advertising?

#11     Jan 3, 2008
  2. Total Voter Turnout (approximate)

Percentage of total vote

24.5% Obama
    20.5% Edwards
    19.8% Clinton
    11.4% Huckabee (R)

Imagine that: With the number of votes Huck got, he would place a distant 4th place if he were running on the Democrat side. Any of Democrat big three would handily beat any of the Republicans.

Pretty much all of independents caucused with the Democrats. If this generalizes to the whole country, we are looking at a historic landslide in November.

#12     Jan 4, 2008
  3. Hmm james, with all my due respect I completely disagree. Imagine Huckabee vs Obama in the general election. In other words a black muslim junior senator from a liberal state vs white chrisitian southern preacher/governor, Obama with 2 years of experience in a debating society and Huckabee with 10 years of exectutive experience running a state. How many southern/mid-western states do you think Obama will carrry? It will be a historic landslide indeed, just not the kind of landslide you expect.

While I am not sure it will be Huckabee I doubt that Obama's chances against McCain are any better. And please keep in mind that 4 years ago Iowa gave us Mr John "Electable" Kerry. We know how that worked out.

#13     Jan 4, 2008
  4. I don't want to argue with you but,

I'm just reflecting on the vote counts in Iowa. It may or may not generalize to nation wide.

Your view has been consistent and I know what it is. I just feel that perhaps more people than you believe would like to give Obama a chance.

BTW, Obama is not a muslim (not that it should matter). He is a Christian (again it shouldn't matter but it does in this country). Here is the urban legend site:
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

PS. Don't believe anything Fox News says. They're good at lying and rumor mongering.

#14     Jan 4, 2008
  5. I know that and it's not the point. Kerry was also a war hero before he got the nomination. Just wait for Obama to become the democratic nominee and for the republican smear machine to shift into high gear... I don't believe everything Fox News says, in fact I hardly ever watch it, a lot of people do though and they vote.

I am absolutely convinced that the 2008 election is the Democrats' to lose and they seem to be trying hard to lose it. Clearly they learned nothing in 2004. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree :)

#15     Jan 4, 2008
  6. It is pretty simple math, really.

Which red state is Obama going to win, that Bush won in the other elections.

Ohio? Florida?

That's all it takes, for the dem to win all the states Kerry won, plus Florida and/or Ohio.

Now, if the misfits continue to support RuPaul, that siphons votes away from repubs and that might put Obama in, but I doubt it.

The Swift Boating and smear machine has left Obama alone so far, they have been running non stop trying to kill Hillary's campaign. If that succeeds, look for them to turn the same weapons on Obama.

The hatred of the Clintons by the right might just get them something worse than they imagined, which would be fitting for those who are so driven by fear and hatred.

I'll take any of the dems over any of the repubs right now, but it is not as easy as it looks.

#16     Jan 4, 2008
  7. What have we learned about Huckabee’s perspective in the early 1990s?

* He wanted to quarantine AIDS patients.

* He believed homosexuality could “pose a dangerous public health risk.”

* He said that if a man and a woman live together outside of marriage, they’re engaging in a “demeaning … alternate lifestyle.”

* He claimed intervention from God in his successful 1993 special election in Arkansas’ race for lieutenant governor.

* In 1990 speech to the Arkansas Baptist State Convention, Huckabee said, “It doesn’t embarrass me one bit to let you know that I believe Adam and Eve were real people.”

* In 1997, “Huckabee refused to sign legislation to assist storm victims because the measure referred to tornadoes and floods as ‘acts of God.’ Putting his name on such legislation, Huckabee explained, ‘would be violating my own conscience’ due to the bill equating ‘a destructive and deadly force’ to ‘an act of God.’”

* In 1998, Huckabee spoke at the National Pastors’ Conference and implored the group to “take this nation back for Christ.”

Given all of this, perhaps voters might want to know a little more about Pastor Huckabee before they decide whether to make him President Huckabee. If reporters are smart, they’ll keep pushing for the sermons Huckabee doesn’t want to release.

#17     Jan 4, 2008
  8. ok.. i am slipping, this is something i didn't know, but boy does it fit the monkey man. so he is a "fly away'er" like a butterfly. i knew he was in bed with hagee to a certain extent... but i didn't think he was stupid enough to fall for Darbyism.

there is no way he can beat the democrats... i guess thats why the CFR pumped him up in the recent surge. unreal... and you people are none the wiser.

#18     Jan 4, 2008
  9. i live in this part of the country. its no surprise that a baptist beat a morman here. this is the northern bible belt. people here believe mormans are a cult and they are all going to hell.

#19     Jan 4, 2008
  10. This about sums it up. Hukabee parades as a Republican but is nothing more than a tax and spend Democrat. If it comes down to Obama v. Hukabee (doubt, but could), I'll take the Blue Dog Democrat Obama anyday over Hukabee.

#20     Jan 4, 2008