Huckabee VS. Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by HGTrader, Jan 4, 2008.

who would you vote for in November?

1. Huckabee

27 vote(s)
    39.7%
  2. Obama

27 vote(s)
    39.7%
  3. wont vote, or possible candidate from third party

14 vote(s)
    20.6%
  1. He'll never get my vote now.....

#11     Jan 5, 2008
  2. Mvic

Mvic

Obama is so preachy. He starts just about every answer with "Look" in a tone that suggests he knows it all and has all the answers. The fact that he is the least experienced and thinks he knows all the solutions is dangerous. I have looked at his health care proposal in depth and like Edwards says it is fantasy, and would be incredibly expensive and disruptive. Hilary Clinton makes a good point when she says that Obama talks a good talk but really has no idea what it takes to get things done and likely would have a melt down with the frustration he would face.

#12     Jan 5, 2008
  3. Turok

Turok

I'm strongly pro-choice, and couldn't agree more.

JB

CL:
    3) I don't think that abortion should be outlawed, but partial birth abortion definitely should. There is absolutely no rational reason for supporting it. Anyone who sees one performed and says it isn't murder is in complete denial and is being incredibly stubborn. There might be one case in 1,000 or more where a choice needs to be made to either save the mother or the child in which case the mother's life might be chosen, but the exception should not be the rule. The fact that we have partial birth abortions in a country as "civilized" as this makes me sick.

#13     Jan 5, 2008
  4. BSAM

BSAM

How about no capital gains taxes with Huckabee if he gets the "Fair Tax" proposal pushed thru???

#14     Jan 6, 2008
  5. LT701

LT701

Obama is the most absurdly unqualified candidate, ever

#15     Jan 6, 2008
  6. newbunch

newbunch

Where's the move out of the country option?

#16     Jan 6, 2008
  7. Retired

Retired

#17     Jan 6, 2008
  8. I remember the samilar words used against Reagan, JFK. They probably were also used against other presidents before them.

The truly unqualified candidate, was GWB. But no one raised that question because he wore God on his sleeves. I guess God trumps experience.

#18     Jan 6, 2008
  9. Here is what George Will have to say about Obama:
    "Barack Obama, who might be mercifully closing the Clinton parenthesis, is refreshingly cerebral amid this recrudescence of the paranoid style in American politics. He is the un-Edwards and un-Huckabee - an adult aiming to reform the real world rather than an adolescent fantasizing mock-heroic “fights" against fictitious villains in a left-wing cartoon version of this country."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01062008/postopinion/opedcolumnists/the_phantom_menace_609746.htm

#19     Jan 7, 2008
  10. timcar

timcar

Who is the person that said "I do not believe in the dinosaur's". I remember someone making a statement like this. B/C Bill Maher was just ripping this person and we could not remember who said something like this.

#20     Jan 7, 2008