Hubble snaps the hand of God

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Nolan-Vinny-Sam, Dec 5, 2003.

1. And He does not look pleased

[​IMG]

:D :D :D

2. thats rich.:D

3. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Oh man, that is funny.
    I am going to send it to my "born again" parents.
    From their daughter the heathen atheist.:D

4. How do we know it isn't the hand of the Devil?

5. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Or a hairball from Faster Pussy Cat.:D

6. :D Oooopppssss, Just in case brother Pabst complains for no links:D OR questions the source.. :)

THE ORBITING Hubble telescope comes up with a few snapperoos of interest now and then, and NASA PR puts those up on the web.
    Hubble's pictures are normally boring -- things like spiral galaxies and nebulas and such. But one from a couple of days ago is, well... something else.

As NASA says, "This Carina sub-cloud is particularly striking partly because its clear definition stimulates the human imagination...."

It mentions "superhero", but that image looks more like a Universe-al rude gesture to us.

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap030630.html?list=true

On a more serious note, the NASA site has many truly amazing pics of the cosmos. Great for puter wallpaper.

:cool:Enjoy:cool:

7. Bolts

Bolts

Hubble is awesome. Mankinds greatest creation, IMO.

8. The irony of your post is that Hubble and the COBE satellite established the Big Bang as beyond reasonable doubt and it is the Big Bang which flies in the face of the very arrogant naturalism that everyone on this thread apparently subscribes to.

Sorry to inform you but Hubble has shown that the universe looks exactly as one would expect if there was a Creator...

9. Agreed, although I've been awestruck with the chess programs that have beaten Kasparov as well...

10. Bolts

Bolts

Oh is this another religious debate? I thought it was just comic relief and we could all enjoy the cool picture together.

#10     Dec 8, 2003