Huawei chips

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dealmaker, Aug 10, 2020.

1. JSOP

JSOP

China was never in any position of total reliance on the west for making phone chips FYI. Yes the West went to China first thinking they will get better productivity aka reduced production cost aka higher profit but that has proven to be a big mistake because the side-effects from that venture has proven to be far greater than the benefit that it reaped, it at least seems.

#21     Aug 11, 2020
  2. virtusa

virtusa

Or the Germans are stupid, or JSOP is stupid.
    I think it will be JSOP...

If you have the attitude: we need nobody, we can do everything ourselves.
    You will hit the (economical) wall very hard soon.

Lots of production went to China as they were much cheaper than the US. All US multinationals outsource production as the US "productivity" is not what some US brains on ET think.

#22     Aug 11, 2020
  3. apdxyk

apdxyk

Sure, sure you are all right... History repeats itself: the barbarians who think of themselves so highly will be ruled again by an Alliance...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight-Nation_Alliance

Also, find that book by Mr Stoddard, it is a good medicine.

#23     Aug 11, 2020
  4. keesa

keesa

Did the British take over the whole territory of Hong Kong after the victory of the Alliance? What did US get?

#24     Aug 11, 2020
  5. VicBee

VicBee

Not stupid, just not familiar enough with the various corporate strategies that led so many big and small western businesses to plant their tents in China.

#25     Aug 11, 2020
  6. VicBee

VicBee

I'm not one to boast of my country's superiority if in the end it means thousands of dead or more on either side. Today's China is far stronger than yesterday's, yet they would lose a war, at great cost to all.
    Lest we forget, Western countries propped up China from poverty starting in the 1970s. We sent our money and our know how to enrich ourselves and became very rich selling Chinese produced goods, the good, the bad and the ugly. China became more sophisticated in the last 30 years and has put rules for those wishing to enrich themselves on their soil, such as sharing know how. And the Chinese are the world's most talented copiers of all things, starting with copying anything the emperor thought valuable and now copying anything anyone thinks is valuable. Can't blame them for that talent or should have learned about China before going there.
    Anyway, China has much to learn about international relations, they are new to this game. Their stunning success raising half a billion people out of poverty in 30 years and their accomplishments over this same period doesn't lend them to humility. I hope they learn before they suffer military humiliation.
    Trump has spent nearly 4 years trying to bind the white world against the Chinese. I hope Biden takes the heat down while also setting a firm line in the sand...

#26     Aug 11, 2020