Huawei CFO arrested in Canada at behest of US

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Cuddles, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

I'll await the DOJ to make their case, but as of right now it looks like we're holding company executives as hostages for China to bend the knee on trade. A stupid and dangerous game. In any case, were you as vociferous when the executive let ZTE slide when they extended a line of credit?

#21     Dec 9, 2018
    Jzwu2017 likes this.
  2. JSOP

JSOP

Those are NOT words or games. Those are the facts which you refuse to respect. You are not going to win an argument by distorted illusions and irrelevant events. Just because the US did not prosecute the bank executives for the financial crisis of 2008 or invaded other countries doesn't mean that it should turn a blind eye to what Huawei did. These are all irrelevant events. You need to learn to FOCUS on the current discussion of Huawei's CFO's arrest.

And US never has never said the charges are proven and Huawei is already guilty. Huawei is only ALLEGED to have committed fraud not really guilty of fraud. It's only arrested Huawei's CFO for her to stand trial which is a process to find out if Huawei has committed a crime or not. I know in Chinese culture, getting arrested is a big thing; it's face-losing and humiliating, and because in China there is no such thing as a legal process, so getting arrested automatically means one is guilty even when one's not. They can be coerced and tortured to admit guilt. In the West, it's different. Getting arrested does not mean one is guilty. Whether one is guilty or not has to be proven in court in a process called a trial. If Huawei's found to be not guilty, she will be released or if there is not enough evidence to prove her guilt, she will be released as well with her charges dropped. Anybody how's been in the West would know this, let alone somebody who's been presumably in the West for 30 years. Another evidence to show that you are just an ignorant and unknowledgeable troll from China who's just been stirred up by the Chinese propaganda to exhibit some misguided nationalism while being blind to truth and reality.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    #22     Dec 9, 2018
  3. JSOP

JSOP

I am too waiting for the trial. Apparently they have spent years already monitoring and investigating Huawei so would be interested to see what they come up with during the trial. You think USA is really holding her hostage just for negotiating some trade deals with China? It's just trade deals for chrissake, they really need to put somebody in jail to get some upper hand? USA really doesn't have any other ways to negotiate with China? And honestly do you really think China is going to give in to USA's terms because of this b**** even if it's going to stand to lose huge amount of $$ in the trade deals? These trade deals are huge. They concern the welfare of entire country of 1.3 billion people. China would give up something just for a b****? China has tens of thousands of corporate elites, what's so special about her? Why would China care so much about her? This does not make sense.

No I think USA is really fed up with the technology theft by China and the forced technology transfer to China that USA and the West had to do for years and they really want to do something about it this time especially when they've really got something solid. And why not make an example out of China's biggest technology company? At the end though nothing is going to happen to this b****. Either she's going to be released if China delivers to the USA something that they want to hear or worst comes to worst, if Huawei is really found guilty of something and USA really wants to make an example of Huawei, they are going to just fine Huawei and give out some light sentences which is going to be time served for the b****. Absolute worst, she's going to just go to some hotel jail for a couple of months like Martha Stewart. LOL

The opposite would not be able to be said of any western executives if they are caught and jailed in China though. Their experience would be quite different. LOL

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    #23     Dec 9, 2018
    vanzandt likes this.
  4. apdxyk

apdxyk

As an immigrant of more than 30 years I am in awe by American culture. One of the facets of it, a great one, is this "give a man a second chance". No other culture I lived in has this. This rule doesn't apply to all, despite of what Americans think. For example, if you give Russians yet another second chance, they will shoot another civilian airliner with babies, and members of Congress, etc. This is also true with many other 'great cultures'. We judge others by our own references and standards, and so do they as well...

#24     Dec 9, 2018
  5. Cuddles

Cuddles

Since the arrest warrant was issued 15 days ago, and DOJ has been babbling nonsense about the reason, and since ZTE was given a pass by bankrolling Trump's project in Malaysia, yeah I think it's all a horrible political miscalculation.

#25     Dec 9, 2018
  6. Jzwu2017

Jzwu2017

No point to discuss further with people with such low intelligence and so much bias.

My point is very clear if you can comprehend anything more than a plain yes or no. American law is not applied fairly and equally. Just read my examples and I am not going to repeat it. Even the best law if it is not enforced fairly and equally it is worse than none, since it’s used for special purposes and/or dark agenda.

2008 world financial crisis was caused by US banks and financial institutions to inflict tremendous damages to the US and the world. The damage was hundreds of billions if not more. What did the great American legal system do to prosecute those responsible? Guess you will claim no fraud or crimes were committed in the US? Now Huawei is charged with fraud of $100M and they arrested its CFO in Canada. It’s purely politically driven. So what’s the part you don’t understand here or you’re just turning a blind eye to the dirty trick?

Isn’t America the greatest democracy in the world now? Then why is it in bed with Saudi Arabian dictatorship and turning a blind eye to its brazen murder in front of the whole world? Guess you’re quite happy that Khashoggi is not a US citizen so US can keep in bed with the Saudis after the murder, as Trump, your great president proclaimed.

Haha what hypocrisy!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    #26     Dec 9, 2018
  7. JSOP

JSOP

OMG!!! I think it's finally time to put this idiot on "Ignore". We are talking about this Huawei CFO's arrest here and he is still babbling on the financial crisis of 2008. LOL The guy doesn't even know how to read. God, what a waste of time!

#27     Dec 10, 2018
  8. JSOP

JSOP

Weren't you going to wait for the trial to see what DOJ has on Huawei? The charge so far is very clear: Fraud. Why are you all of sudden changing your tune to political miscalculation? Did you get possessed all of sudden by @Jzwu2017? LOL

This is not a political move. Trump apparently didn't even know about the arrest. It's the Federal District Court of New York that issued the arrest warrant. In the USA, the judiciary branch, the law is independent of everyone else, even the President.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    #28     Dec 10, 2018
  9. Alexpung

Alexpung

I would say ZTE was given a pass because they rat Huawei out after they got red handed after their internal document leak.

She is one of the elite ruling class that's why CCP is so nervous. Even Patrick Ho Chi-ping didn't get so much attention.

#29     Dec 10, 2018
  10. Jzwu2017

Jzwu2017

So what do you say about the greatest democracy in bed with a murderous dictatorship doing billions of arms deal? You conveniently left out the embarrassing facts like a cowardly hypocrite.

#30     Dec 10, 2018