http://www.freetradez.com - Free Commissions

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by wirelessbull, May 29, 2000.

1. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

For anyone who is interested I went to the freetradez site and signed up thinking "what the heck, at least I can see how the level II quotes compare to pay services." I fill out an enormous amount of personal information (like how many kids do I have and what do I do for a living) only to find that you don't get free level II quotes. You don't even get realtime quotes. The only thing available are delayed quotes. Now they have all my personal information and didn't deliver as promised. To me, that is at best bait and switch, and at worst outright fraud to obtain marketing information. Do yourself a favor and don't even try it until there is proof that it is up and running COMPLETELY. I think it is wrong not to tell people this on the site's homepage.

That's my .02

Kirk

------------------
    "The easiest way to make a small fortune trading is to start with a large one." ;)

#21     Sep 19, 2000
  2. wirelessbull,
    Apologies, maybe the Lion King picture just got to me! It's a shame actually because if you did work for them you'd be able to answer all our questions.

It does however seem as if WarEagle has confirmed my fears. I went to freetradez "full of expectations" however the lack of information available was worrying, and I refuse to give all my personal details without having atleast some basic info in advance. Hopefully it is not, however at the moment the whole company sounds shadey.

Let us know how you get on.

#22     Sep 19, 2000
  3. Hello WarEagle - did you noticed during your registration process some statements from FreeTradez, that the wouldn't make your personal information available to 3rd. parties ?

If not, I guess they just sell them and make a good buck on this business. Detailed personal information, especially about people who have some money to spend, are quite valuable in the ad-business. You might get tons of e-mails, mailings and other ad-stuff soon after you registered for your account.

Simple addresses, sorted by a few criteria, are sold for about 0.10 cents / each ( @ least here in Germany ) and you can sell them to thousands of companies. Not a bad business.

Couple of weeks ago, I got a letter from an ad-company, offering me to participate in their address-business by providing a lot of personal information. Every time they "sell" this information to an interested party, I'd get a small percentage of what they charge to this party.

Instead of that small percentage, you might get the free trades @ FreeTradez.

Just my personal opinion, of course.

------------------
    Good Trading
    Privateer

#23     Sep 20, 2000
  4. davealex

davealex

You can test it out by getting a yahoo or hotmail free e-mail account and using that to register and seeing what shows up in your mailbox.

Dave

#24     Sep 20, 2000
  5. WarEagle - the free level II quotes and free realtime quotes will be accessible soon. This is what the site shows as what is currently accessible and what will be accessible soon. I'm looking forward to trading with freetradez.com and will report how it goes.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Currently Accessible on the Site:

Trading Software Details

Education @ The Investor's Institute

Delayed Quotes

Market News & Research

FreeTradEZ Online Chat Center

Your very own E-mail Account

Account Forms & Details

Advertising Details

Company Information

Accessible Soon:

Real-Time Demo Software

Real-Time Quotes

NASDAQ Level II Quotes

128 bit Encrypted E-mail Service

Discussion Boards

BrokerSwine SuperStore

#25     Sep 21, 2000
  6. #26     Sep 23, 2000
  7. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

Privateer - The website says that all of your personal information is kept "strictly confidential". However I find that to be unlikely, otherwise why would they require your marital status, number of children, annual income (keep in mind this is only the member section, not the trading account section), net worth, etc. if they weren't using it for marketing information. I imagine you are right and they are selling the information. I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with that (since you can make up all of the information if you want) if they only delivered on their promise. All of the information of value is still unavailable and listed as "coming soon". IMO they shouldn't take your info until they are ready to give you the access you are promised while filling out the form.

Dave - Yes, I used a free email account...will be interesting to see how long it takes to fill up, lol.

If I ever get access to the good stuff I'll let everyone know here how it goes.

Kirk

------------------
    "The easiest way to make a small fortune trading is to start with a large one." /mb_html/wink.gif

[This message has been edited by WarEagle (edited Sep 23, 2000).]

#27     Sep 23, 2000
  8. Hi Wareagle -Until you get the promised services from Freetradez, you may try the RT Demoversion of GROtrader.
    It's comparable with CyberX or Cybertrader and comes with Free Level 2 data. Although it's only a demo - it works with Realtime-data ( not delayed ) and you can make demo trades under actual trading conditions.

You can download the program ( about 8.5MB ) at www.gro.com
    For getting the password, you have to call GroTrader ( 1-800 number ).

Of course, they want you as a customer at a point in the future, however, there are no obligations in order to
    to use the demo frequently.

Just try it.

regards &

------------------
    Good Trading
    Privateer

#28     Sep 23, 2000
  9. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

Privateer - Thanks for the tip. I already have real-time data, I was just interested in how the "free" stuff might compare to the pay feeds. As we can see, at least so far, you get what you pay for.

Kirk

------------------
    "The easiest way to make a small fortune trading is to start with a large one." ;)

#29     Sep 26, 2000
  10. mjt

mjt

I sent Freetradez and email and they replied, "The trading platform is scheduled to debut this coming Monday." I'm not holding my breath, but who knows?

Has anyone else looked at their trading platform demo? It looks a lot loke CyberX or Tradescape. There is no chart, however. There are 2 ads on the screen, and they look like they take up about 10% of the total screen. It looks as if they have a 'best execution' feature also. Definitely worth trying out, IMO.

#30     Sep 26, 2000