HTML or TEXT IB Daily Statements

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Catoosa, May 3, 2003.

1. Catoosa

Catoosa

There are not TEXT daily account statements on my IB account login for 5-1-03 or 5-2-03; But, there are HTML statements for 5-1-03 and 5-2-03. IB, why are there not TEXT statements? HTML statements do not work for me.

Are other IB users having the same problem?

2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Yes. There ought to be an option at the site to receive email statements in either text or HTML. Having to go to the site to get them is a pain in the neck.

3. Catoosa

Catoosa

I can only download the HTML reports at the site. When I click on the TEXT version button, I get nothing. Things have gone from bad to worse. First I could no longer receive the TEXT version by e-mail and now can not get at all. The new webb site is also a step down in my opinion. There have been many bugs in the latest versions of TWS and even some old bugs from the past reappearing in TWS. Makes me wonder what is happening with IB's management and staff. These things seem to happen when there is a large turnover in staff.

4. skim

skim

IB - Please please please bring back text statements!

It's a pain printing them from the website each day, but far preferable than having just HTML ones (which take 3 pages extra to print off - ie 660 extra pages per year).

5. nitro

nitro

I was told by an IB developer that they are doing away with text messages altogether "very soon." I told them this was a BIG mistake, as many people download these text messages into Excel and then do analysis on it.

In addition, I as well as many other traders use tax software that take the text messages as input - not having them anymore would break that software.

I cc'd the management on this POOR decision as well. As of today, no response.

Interactive Brokers should CONTINUE TO MAKE TEXT MESSAGES AVALIABLE AS A POSSIBLE OUTPUT TYPE FOR STATEMENTS.

nitro