HSI orders not respected. How to deal with it?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by CFerret, May 22, 2007.

1. Specifically trading the HSI futures KS.

#11     May 22, 2007
  2. KS96

KS96

I don't trade HSI, I don't know.
    All I remember is that it *never* happened in eurex.
    It only happened in idealpro, and probably
    in globex and/or ecbot.
    This may be some glitch in IB/TWS... I am not sure.

#12     May 22, 2007
  3. dtan1e

dtan1e

i don't trade futures but for my stocks or options for hk mkt, when the order is entered pre-mkt ie. before 10 am hk time, for some reason my order tend to get ignored after 10 am

#13     May 22, 2007
  4. I have had horrible problems of a similar nature. Basically, my orders would stop transmitting entirely. I'd click a couple of times to make sure that I didn't screw up and then spend 10 mins tracking down a CS rep. Eventually, (~10 mins later) ALL my orders went through. Every click. This has happened twice and now I know not to click anything, obviously while it's happening. Through talks with CS ppl at IB, they have told me that the US servers will reboot sometime after 11PM CST, and at that point i get switched to the HK servers, which takes 5-10 mins for some reason. They can't/won't pin down the time of the switch, but I have found that closing IB and logging back in makes it a little quicker. They asked me if i wanted to be put permanently on the HK servers, but warned me I'd have troubles trading the US markets during the day.

Thanks,

TNG

#14     May 22, 2007
  5. ids

ids

Many customers have two accounts. One in Asia and one in US. It works well as a backup too.

#15     May 22, 2007
  6. Fantastic idea... wish I had thought of it...

TNG

#16     May 22, 2007