HSI broker wanted

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by joesan, Jul 19, 2005.

1. joesan

joesan

Redduke

1--I do not measure the IB excecution speed, but according to my experience , it is very fast. It you get filled with some unreasonable slippage, check it and you will see it is probably more due to the nature of this market. This contract is manipulated in short-term by some big accounts and moves ultrafast sometimes.

2--usual bid/ask is 1-4 points

3--Re 20-30 points spike within seconds, it does not happen every day, but it does happen several times every week. If the spike goes against your position, you get filled at an unfavorable price level. Use stop limit /limit orders may redule/delete the slippage, but you may miss some trades.

4--I think it is not possible to get five orders filled without slippage , the chance is less than 20%. Actually, it is not even possible to trade one contract without slippage , unless you use limit orders and can afford missing some of the trades. Slippage of this contract is bigger than US/European indices.

#11     Feb 23, 2007
  2. RedDuke

RedDuke

Joesan,

Thanks for this info. I have observed the index today, and it did look a bit wild for me. I thought DAX or Russell are volatile, but they are very calm compared to HSI.

Regards,
    redduke

#12     Feb 23, 2007
  3. HSI is the dogs bollocks. It rocks!

#13     Feb 23, 2007
  4. RedDuke

RedDuke

Hi Kiwi Trader,

I read many of your posts on HSI, and the more I look at HSI, the more I think that you guys who trade it must be fearless.

redduke

#14     Feb 23, 2007
  5. Agree on this.

Forward month contract is even worst. Maybe up to 10 orders within 5 points from the last transaction price, then is 20 or 30 points away..

#15     Feb 23, 2007
  6. Phillips Securties, HK office; Australian Firm.

www.poems.com.hk

They are quite strong on Internet Trading, at least compare to other larger local brokers.

#16     Feb 23, 2007
  7. Kiwi,

Is your ping to IB still around 170ms? What happen when you use market orders?

Ping my broker's server (HK) a few days ago from a chinese city 200km away. Getting around 100ms; any good?

#17     Feb 23, 2007
  8. RedDuke

RedDuke

What kind of stops do you use on HSI for intra day?

When I trade DAX, my stops is usually between 7-10 ticks depending on volatility.

#18     Feb 23, 2007
  9. I don't day trade, but I would say 20~30 pts on the HSI is about right on 2 min graph with momentum on your side.

How is Dax intraday?

Wanna swap intraday data, RedDuke?

#19     Feb 23, 2007
  10. RedDuke

RedDuke

DAX is great for intra day trading. Almost no slipage for up to 5 and sometimes 10 lots with spread at 1 tic. The tic value is 12.5 EUR; 2 tic witin 1 point. I ussually get several 10 points moves, where each one translates for 250 EUR, per contract.

I do not download tic data for every week, I have some interesting weeks, and always can download last 10 days, though Fabruary morning sessions were one of the dullest. If you need it, just let me know your e-mail, and I'll send it to you over the weekend.

Regards,
    redduke

#20     Feb 23, 2007