Hpq

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Mvic, Nov 13, 2006.

1. keepin' a lid on the stock so it can run up 5 bucks on earnings. u could have waited and on release place a stop on your whole position .5% lower.

#11     Nov 14, 2006
  2. In looking through the financials and charts, it appears everything looks superb. Sure wish I got this 3 years ago at 11 bucks. I could have even gotten some over the summer at 32 dollars. Its trading at 16 times forward earnings.

I see the following things that may go wrong.

1. Right after Christmas, people might unload their positions looking to concentrate on other plays. Reasoning that most people buy new computers around Christmas and New Years. However, Vista is coming out a little bit late this year.

2. Bad earnings call.

3. Recession next year seems a possibility.

Otherwise, this company seems like a steamroller. The fundamentals are there. I say it runs strong for another year or two.

#12     Nov 14, 2006
  3. Mvic

Mvic

coulda, woulda, shoulda ;-) Still, being a nervous nelly is what keeps me in the black.

#13     Nov 15, 2006
  4. S2007S

S2007S

why do i think that HPQ and DELL will report anything and the stocks will move up like HD did today missing nearly every forecast...

#14     Nov 15, 2006
  5. Mvic

Mvic

hmm looks like my "feeling" on HPQ might have been right, probably worth a few puts going in to earnings.

#15     Nov 15, 2006
  6. Mvic

Mvic

Lol so much for Dell's powering up the last few days portending good things. As for HPQ what is happening is that the momo players must have a whiff of something in HPs numbers or guidance and are getting out on the pre earnings hype. The mutual funds that want to own HP long term are using the opportunity to get in or add. Expect a dip back to the 37's after earnings to be a good buying opp.

#16     Nov 15, 2006
  7. Mvic

Mvic

Looks like I was right, not sure if it will go down as far as the 37s but it should probably see 38 soon.

#17     Nov 16, 2006
  8. well, if u held and sold into the spike u would have made good money...i was in after report but didnt make it in time to close at a decent profit.:(

#18     Nov 16, 2006
  9. Mvic

Mvic

Sorry to read that bit.

Almost saw the 38s today.

#19     Nov 17, 2006