HPQ Halted, Why?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by shortie, Aug 6, 2010.

1. #31     Aug 7, 2010
  2. seeing your url i thought you were kidding around! :D :D :D

#32     Aug 7, 2010
  3. #33     Aug 7, 2010
  4. It seems to me that some guys on ET may have shorted the QQQQs, and went long HPQ. Let us wish them well.

#34     Aug 7, 2010
  5. Have I EVAH lied to you?? EVAH???

Not that you didn't give me reason to.... :D :D

#35     Aug 7, 2010
  6. i don't know about QQQQs but HPQ will likely rebound at least somewhat on Monday. -8% is a major dislocation for such big company. the drop may have been exacerbated by AH and by the weekend uncertainty.

it is not a sure thing but the odds are really in favor of a bounce. i would have bought a chunk AH myself without much thinking had i not been long before the drop.

the main Q in my mind is what size of the bounce is reasonable to expect.

#36     Aug 7, 2010
  7. From the quote i see financial site, AH close is higher than 4PM close.
    It bounced from the big drop..

#37     Aug 7, 2010
  8. the closing price is incorrect. see a snapshot of AH quotes above

#38     Aug 7, 2010
  9. HP said that Mr Hurd’s departure was precipitated by “numerous” expense violations, as well as his “close personal relationship” with the woman, who had acted as a marketing contractor to the computer maker. It also alleged misuse of other corporate assets.

One person familiar with Mr Hurd’s position said he had no more than “half a dozen” dinners with the contractor, and denied that the relationship had been inappropriate. This person also put any expense violations down to mistakes rather than any deliberate act, and said that Mr Hurd had made no attempt to hide expense claims that involved the contractor.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/a36c163c-a30a-11df-8cf4-00144feabdc0.html

yeah, right! as if they fire CEOs for small "mistakes" :cool:

#39     Aug 8, 2010
  10. #40     Aug 8, 2010