HPQ Halted, Why?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by shortie, Aug 6, 2010.

1. here is the headline i am willing to sell my rights to for a reasonable price:

"$100B company goes down due to one little prick"

#11     Aug 6, 2010
  2. i bet she knew that and let herself hired envisioning $Millions just around the corner

#12     Aug 6, 2010
  3. i have a fresh tip from the trading book i am writing:

''when investing in an American company no matter how large ALWAYS buy pussy insurance"

#13     Aug 6, 2010
  4. "...HP said Friday that Hurd decided to leave after the sexual-harrassment claim, which was made against him and the company. The company probe concluded that HP's sexual-harassment policy was not violated, but that its standards of business conduct were.

In a conference call with analysts late Friday, Michael Holston, HP's general counsel, said Hurd displayed a "systematic pattern" of turning in inaccurate expenses and financial reports connected to the female marketing contractor who accused him of sexual harassment.

"The facts that drove the decision for the company had to with integrity, had to do with credibility, had to do with honesty," Holston said, declining to elaborate on specifics.

Holston added that the pattern of inaccurate financial reports "related to Mark's conduct with this specific individual and wasn't broader than that."

After the announcement, the technology company's shares dropped nearly 10 percent.

In a statement, Hurd said that during the investigation he "realized there were instances in which I did not live up to the standards and principles of trust, respect and integrity that I have espoused at HP." He added that he believed it would be "difficult to continue as an effective leader at HP."..."

i don't see anything here that would justify 10% drop. could they be hiding something nastier?

#14     Aug 6, 2010
  5. vanv0029

vanv0029

I think Hurd's departure is more of a reaction to the problems the
    Palo Alto/Stanford land establishment is facing. I need to disclose
    that I am a Stanford undergraduate alumnus currently in the out group.
    The Wikileak document disclosure makes it more likely that former
    Stanford Chancellor Condollezza Rice will be indicted for war crimes if the
    Bush people are indicted. The Stanford administration and establishment
    is very closely tied to the phantom government spy world and have
    credibility problems such as current Stanford President Hennessey
    getting his job because of a promised donation from Netscape
    founder James Clark that Clark then reneged on after Hennessey
    got the job.

I do not think the resignation has much to do with HP (except through
    the close ties to Palo Alto and Stanford). It may be positive in
    the sense that the SF bay area establishment has decided to become
    more ethical and apply the same principles to other Silicon Valley
    managers such as Larry Ellis, or it may be negative and an attempt
    by the hired PR people to weasel out of war crime charges.
    ~

#15     Aug 6, 2010
  6. hajimow

hajimow

Something that I don't understand and should be ressearched as 100000 PhD thesis is that he had over 100 million dollar salary a year but when he had dates with a 25 year old senior markeing consultant (oh yeah 25 year and senior), he ccould not spend out of his pocket and he should have expensed it. I am sure that he expensed the condoms that he used.:confused:

#16     Aug 6, 2010
  7. "....
    It was widely considered a bold but risky move. Hurd was not that well-known, and he had been running a company much smaller than H-P.

Even Hurd himself seemed surprised as he took on the role.

"The opportunity to lead a company like H-P doesn't come along every day," he said.

{Hurd smiled at the reporters. "HPQ has some of the hottest interns in Silicon" - a warm idea crawled into his head }

But Hurd quickly won praise in Silicon Valley and the broader technology world, especially with his low-key style that was so much unlike his predecessor's glitzier public persona.

"Don't expect to see a lot of me," he said to reporters during his introduction. "
    {"...since I will be diddling my secretaries quite often during my work hours and at the company's expense" - he continued his thought in his head.}

...."

#17     Aug 6, 2010
  8. HPQ should be up 5% for letting the cheap scumbag like that go.

something else might be brewing....

#18     Aug 6, 2010
  9. Bob111

Bob111

#19     Aug 6, 2010
  10. ET99

ET99

they are never worth it.

look at clinton, letterman, woods...

#20     Aug 7, 2010