HP to buy PALM !

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by zanek, Apr 28, 2010.

1. zanek

zanek

Goddammit,

I was going to buy PALM today because my system told me it was going up, but I was to scared.

I hate being scared to pull the trigger !! Someone tell me how to get past this problem I have :-(

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press/2010/100428xa.html

"HP and Palm, Inc. (NASDAQ: PALM) today announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which HP will purchase Palm, a provider of smartphones powered by the Palm webOS mobile operating system, at a price of $5.70 per share of Palm common stock in cash or an enterprise value of approximately $1.2 billion. The transaction has been approved by the HP and Palm boards of directors."

2. olias

olias

I remember U2 frontman Bono taking a bashing for his boneheaded Palm investment. I think he may have been labeled the worst investor I wonder how he's made out overall and if somebody's gonna have to eat crow for mocking him.

3. Possibly a good sign for RIMM as it shows the stock is undervalued compared to even the dog PALM.

4. 1) Plenty of opportunity for long-term cpital losses there. :( :mad: :eek:
    2) William Shatner's PCLN holdings is the worst celebrity investment ever. It went from dollars to cents. :D

5. I'm sure there's worse but I remember seeing Joe "I'm soo fucking stupid it's incredible that I can remember to breathe" Theisman on fast money claiming he owned PALM at 14. LOL!

Of course he probably bought some options from Lenny Dykstra so he was hedged and still made money. Idiot.

6. Dude, get real! You have no control over what HP did or will do. Forget what your "system" told you. HP might just have easily bid 500 mil, remember, there a plenty of people with a zero target on PALM.

You'll drive yourself nuts stressing about the ones that got away. It's just the way this game is played.

Move on and be glad you didn't lose. :cool: