HP H8qe and 4 monitors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Maverick1, Apr 18, 2012.

1. This card is also available without fans.

#31     Apr 20, 2012
  2. Really easy solution would be to run 2 nvs 290 or 295 cards. If only 1 x16 slot available and multiple x1 slots---why not run 1 x16 card and 1 x1 card for total of 4 monitor output. Should be doable for less than $100 on Ebay. Cards are fanless, quiet, and only draw about 23 watts per card. Easy install with windows 7. Another alternative would be to buy Firepro 2460 ATI card on Newegg for about $230. Four monitor fanless card with low power needs and only takes single x16 slot. A much cheaper alternative to nvs quad output cards. Also you might want to look for a workstation on Ebay with good horsepower, large power supply, and loads of expansion possibilities. Really depends on your needs. I would stay away from consumer boxes and run with a workstation. By the time you upgrade a consumer box, you have bought a workstation. Have 2 hp workstations and really like them. No probems and rock solid. Just my opinion.

#32     Apr 20, 2012
  3. #33     Apr 20, 2012
  4. By the way: the term "splitter" is used over-generally.

If the splitter is to divide up (share) the video signals from one connector to 2 connectors, then the images are duplicated onto 2 different monitors.

If the splitter, like the DMS-59, is to separate out the pin-outs (wires) from one connector to 2 connectors, then those images are not duplicated. They are 2 distinct sets of video signals, one for each monitor.

#34     Apr 20, 2012
  5. If you truly want a superfast rig then get two drives. One drive should be an SSD which has all the system program files and any other programs you can jam on there and the other drive for just storage.

The system will boot up very fast and just be much faster in general.

#35     Apr 20, 2012
  6. #36     Apr 20, 2012
  7. I have 2 (both fanless)... by Asus. The 8400 GS was used by several 3-rd party makers and comes in different configurations of ports.... some with fans, some without.

#37     Apr 21, 2012
  8. Anybody know how Intel HD Graphics relates to all this? Would it be a limiting or enhancing factor to the performance of some of the video cards mentioned or vice-versa? And would the higher spec Intel HD Graphics 3000 make any difference from the 2000? All this relative to trading needs and not gaming, of course.

#38     Apr 28, 2012
  9. raincrab

raincrab

it depends on the amount of memory you have on your system. the intel hd graphics are on-chip (they're on your intel cpu) so they don't have any memory of their own, they take a chunk of system memory. i have 8gb on my box, intel hd 3000 uses 512mb, which is plenty. i think it was eating 300mb or so when i had 4gb, which was still plenty.

#39     Apr 28, 2012
  10. Assuming one had enough memory, I am wondering whether a run-of-the-mill external graphics card for multiple monitors also serves to provide something better, for trading purposes, than the HD 2000/3000 or would you want to get something better.

#40     Apr 29, 2012