How's your local housing market doing?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Trend Fader, Nov 3, 2005.

1. palm beach and broward counties similiar situation with new townhome communities, maybe not as bad as miami, but its bad.

few i was looking at are down about 15% since this september,
    every seller became very negotiable
    :)

#11     Nov 3, 2005
  2. in nyc area manhattan prices still doing ok
    even if things have slowed down

the avg price per sq foot is still at record levels
    based on the 3Q2005 numbers

the only thing that will help manhattan in short term is those with wall street bonus money early next yr parking a place in some R.E. but that will be on the higher end units .

maybe trickle down to rest of manhattan

:)

#12     Nov 3, 2005
  3. DblArrow

DblArrow

No slow down here - yahoo or amazon guy - building a 32,000 sq ft place. Many other multimillion dollar places starting frequently.

But there is the classic signs of everyone jumping on board and subdividing - so perhaps....

Make 'em pretty, Chris

P.S. Northwest MT.

#13     Nov 3, 2005
  4. balda

balda

Was driving through Malibu a couple of weeks ago and it felt like 20% is "For Sale".

#14     Nov 4, 2005
  5. Still booming in Boise, ID.

Not too many 'for sale' signs, but we see a million FOR RENT signs. I have relatives who are realtors, and they say out-of-state investors are wetting themselves trying to scramble for available properties. Building lots are scarce and land has skyrocketed, in spite of the fact there is still a tremendous amount of farm land in the valley. Sellers seem to be holding out for top dollar, and they are getting it.

I ask how sophisticated these investors are, and they say they are doctors and lawyers. Probably the same cast of characters who were driving the dot-com gains. Which leads me to believe there will be panic selling at some point in the future.

#15     Nov 4, 2005
  6. Lots of FOR RENT signs here in Puerto Rico (San Juan). Realtors told me this is because everyone gobbled up a ton of properties, and then realized that they're paying the mortgages on them and cannot unload them. Unfortunately no one is renting them either, and their stuck making payments on their own portfolio of properties. Rather unfortunate if you ask me. Rather funny too.

#16     Nov 4, 2005
  7. Flat to down a little here in NW Houston.

DS

#17     Nov 4, 2005
  8. In coastal SC (myrtle beach area) things seem to be slowing down. Not seeing condos sell as quickly now as opposed to earlier in the year. Prices holding not seeing any drops. Have
    seen a few developers of new Condo projects discount there prices a little.

#18     Nov 4, 2005
  9. Detroit area sales are very slow. I think business here is slow and generally speaking people do not have money to buy houses.

#19     Nov 4, 2005