How's your economy holding up, Michigan?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bond_trad3r, Apr 5, 2009.

1. I agree, where are you from Ivanovich?

#21     Apr 6, 2009
  2. If Michigan fails it will be a lesson to the other 49 states that raising taxes to solve your problems does not work unless the location is highly desirable a la New York and Chicago.

As for deriving gratification watching Michigan fail, the state is home to GM, Ford, Chrysler, and detorit. I can't think of a more inane combination. The sooner they go down, the better.

#22     Apr 6, 2009
  3. I wonder if U3 unemployment hits 20% in Michigan by the end of the year. Now that's what I'd call a clobbering!

#23     Apr 6, 2009
  4. lpchad

lpchad

Yes, just like MSU. These transplant D-bags are all over my city. They act like they own the place.

Well, good luck to them tonight, I hate Carolina!

Signed,

an Illinois Grad

#24     Apr 6, 2009
  5. <center>[​IMG]</center>

#25     Apr 6, 2009
  6. Its absurd to make it out like Michigan is all assembly line workers & trees.

Everyone in the state got pretty well screwed by the Auto industry problems, whether they were involved or not. That's not anything new. I would hardly call it shocking or surprising that the people in this state are screwed for a long time because of how things shook out. There are a lot of people here that are pissed off about it too.

Pretty much everyone I know had to leave the state, against their will, to find a job. They are not the dumb & illiterate, but the people that went to a good university & got good grades in a useful college major. That's pretty bad when you do everything you are supposed to do and still get screwed. Its not as if they really wanted to leave.

I live in Metro Detroit (Birmingham to be exact) and have traveled all over the US. I can't think of any other areas where I can have my pick of lakes to live on - Orchard Lake, Cass Lake, Upper & Lower Straights, Lake Fenton, etc. etc. and still be able to commute into a major city with less than a 45 minute drive. Based on this, I can think of many worse places to live.

Eric

#26     Apr 6, 2009
  7. I love the state. I'm about 30 min north of detroit.(oakland county) No reason to leave.

#27     Apr 6, 2009
  8. We've got two seasons in Michitgan, Winter and Spring. Michitgan is number two for being the cloudiest state and finally number one for unemployment.

We've got a big D Canadian governor starting to wake up and realize we have a problem. Six years of on the job training, just starting to learn the ropes. She was a beauty pageant winner, a failed actress, what's left other than politician.

The new Michigan Business Tax is a real winner. It consists of a 22% surcharge, taxes gross sales in addition to profits.

The tax more than tripled for entrepreneur Greg Toman.............

http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michigan/index.ssf/2009/01/michigan_business_tax_a_top_wo.html

#28     Apr 6, 2009
  9. Bing bing bing.

49th BEST state to start a business. Seriously we have such a beautiful state with an abundance of fresh water, timber, animals etc.
    We need the c bag gov. to remove business tax and state income tax and presto chango.

Also, people move to Michigan to take advantage of our tremendous welfare and health benefit system. How do we pay for all the lazy ass people? Read above.

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutley. Lord Acton....I think :|

:confused: :confused:

#29     Apr 6, 2009
  10. Hahaha

#30     Apr 6, 2009