How's Tim Sykes making more money selling alerts than trading?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by elitetradesman, May 20, 2011.

1. What's wrong with you man? I haven't had swag on my site since 2003--- obviously I dissed you some way in the past. I don't know who you are, but I apologize for whatever I did to have you still pissed off.

surf :confused:

#41     Jul 30, 2012
  2. Salesman, including succesful hedge fund managers, which is what they are, have always made more than traders. There is no surprise here. Trading is fun and a great hobby but its no way to wealth per historic precident. Sykes found his niche and road to a great life. Have you?

#42     Jul 30, 2012
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

Hi Dave,

Hope all is well. Have not seen you her for a while.

What Sykes is doing is immoral. Taking $ from people and selling them a fake dream is plain wrong. Of course there is a fool born every day (minute) and if it is not Sykes, some one else will do it, but it does not make it any more decent.

This kind of business is nothing to be proud of. I personally would never con people out of their money, and I had more than few opportunities to do it. The way you described him as if he was a hero, where he is just snake oil salesman.

Regards,
    redduke

#43     Jul 30, 2012
    londonkid likes this.
  4. Hey Duke, its great to see you again. Yes, things are great, hope the same for you.

However, I see Sykes as the counterbalance to the penny stock hype masters that put high energy and millions into pumping worthless stocks. What he teaches really does seem to work, its an edge on a small scale for some traders. I truly don't think its immoral or unethical --- Maybe I am missing something, I am open to hear other thoughts--but since when is teaching others how to short overhyped stocks a moral issue?

#44     Jul 30, 2012
  5. traderchi128

traderchi128 Guest

He is the scummiest of the scum. He sells a bullshit strategy (good luck getting locates on the crap stocks he tries to short) to young wannabe traders who have a few thousand dollars in their account. He basically leads these sheep to the slaughterhouse(between high costs of trying to trade these stocks, and the fact that the only trades most of these new guys will get done will lose money....anyone who tries his trades are doomed).

All of the people in that biz are beyond shady. Mostly failed traders who couldn't hack trading. He recently was promoting some bullshit brokerage who went offshore to open up operations so they could get around the rules in the U.S. on the minimum amount people could open accounts with (this "brokerage" was trying to get people to open up accounts with a few thousand dollars.......let them leverage the hell out of the account...charge them high commissions....and bleed em dry).

3 million a year? That's hilarious. If you believe that I have a bridge to sell you....

#45     Jul 30, 2012
  6. bathrobe

bathrobe

The problem is threads like this.

Newbie traders will see this, check out his site, read his b.s. and think this thread is bitter and run to his penny stock crap or whatever he does......dvd's. Quit talking about him and maybe he will go away.

On a side note, in 2008 or 2009 I went to the traders expo (do not go, biggest waste of time ever) in Las Vegas and went to relax on a couch and sat next to him, heard him trying to get a refund for his booth because he didn't sell enough crap to justify the booth, when they said no he became obnoxious.

#46     Jul 30, 2012
  7. You only need to sucker a small handful of morons.

This guru stuff isn't really regulated.

I make $400,000 per year in one account!!!

And I'm in a private jet right now, are you??

All this can be yours....if you give me your money.... LOL. that's the best part ever. soo ironic.

u say stuff to hopefully 300,000 morons, and 3,000 give you money every month!!!

it is likely an absolutely horrible gig and horrible way to live your life all day, every day; however, big money has its perks.

i hope he hired or hires some other clown to teach stuff, or he franchises this out and lets his soul heal before round 2.

if u only like money, you should immediately start a website and hype everything all day....

#47     Jul 30, 2012
  8. Wiser words have never been spoken on ET

#48     Jul 30, 2012

9. Huh? That would only work if he was hyping the stock. Shorting it, as he does, followers would be self defeatist on several levels.

#49     Jul 30, 2012
  10. pcp198

pcp198

DVD sales might be down. His latest advertising campaign reeks of desperation, raw video in a private jet, his private chef & lavish vacations.

my guess, 20 dvds for this one..
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6_49i8g6s0s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#50     Jul 30, 2012