How's Tim Sykes making more money selling alerts than trading?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by elitetradesman, May 20, 2011.

1. considering he makes about -$10k per annum trading that's not difficult. Typical vendor :D

#31     Jul 9, 2012
  2. Besides Sykes there number of other ppl seeling DVD, one of them is San Diego Cameron Fous, one of Tims sudents, he has a paid chatroom, also LincolnList, Kunal and Maribeth from bullsonwallst.com and bunch of others on twitter..some have dvds some just paid chatrooms

#32     Jul 28, 2012
  3. Sykes banks over 3 mill year in and year out--- pockets more than elite trader grosses with none of the headaches.

The guy is Rambo, not to mention one of the few posters on elite to have turned the dream into reality. Why he is vilified here makes zero sense.

#33     Jul 28, 2012
  4. Sykes reminds me of Michael Parness. Stay away from these traders. He would be running a hedge-fund if anyone in the whole country thought that he had some upside. Apparently no one is begging him to invest thier money.

What a scummy way to live, let alone make a living.

You could pay me 3mil a year in and year out to suck off my boss everyday when I came into work, or do cartwheels on command.
    I'd rather have my salary and my dignity.

I don't have a boss or anyone telling me what to do. And it would probably take 10mil a year in and year out, before I would jump up and down begging people to listen to me and follow me, day in and day out.

I enjoyed watching him on Wall Street Warriors, sad to see he would later go to the shill side of the business.

All this clown had to do was learn options. A lot easier to make %300 on a company that has a balance sheet and MMs in float in options.

Why would anyone trade bullshit penny stocks for big upside gains? So dumb. Learn options. Stay away from pennystocking. Stay away from Tim Sykes.

#34     Jul 28, 2012
  5. If any one of my friends or anyone I know asks me about a penny stock I tell them to learn how to trade options, and thank me for saving them money.

Penny stocks are only good for pump and dumps.

Spongetech, Sunpeak ventures SNPKE i.e.

#35     Jul 28, 2012
  6. What a surprise. One failed snake oil salesman hyping another.

You have been exposed so many times on ET, why do you keep coming back?

P.S.- if you think Sykes is "rambo", you really are a bigger loser than I thought.

#36     Jul 29, 2012
  7. Aok

Aok

Sykes does not trade, he promotes. Big difference. But even if he does trade, the $ he makes (if any) is dwarfed by his promo revenue

Nothing wrong with that. Sheep will always need a shepherd. He is a very effective promoter especially to the under 40 crowd. See through but slick.

No one gets played unless a part of them wants to. People seek out "gurus" to absolve themselves of the responsibility for their actions.

Otherwise the FDA would have never approved Qsymia and Belviq. When instead all you have to do is run and mix in a salad rather than eat nachos plopped in front of the TV.

No one wants to put in the work. So...Give the people what they want.

All the power and $ in the world can be yours. At least until a better shyster comes along. Hell, who knows you might even begin to believe your own bull$hit.

Probably make you even better at your job.

#37     Jul 29, 2012

8. Knock off the mistruths. Exposed as what? I am not selling anything to traders.

#38     Jul 29, 2012
  9. Mistruths?--

Multiple aliases

Marketsurfer website hocking t-shirts, mugs, "neo-gann" wave bullshit.

Poser hedge fund trading.

Etc

Etc

#39     Jul 30, 2012
  10. I think his system scales to 1500-2000 dollars USD.

#40     Jul 30, 2012