How's Tim Sykes making more money selling alerts than trading?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by elitetradesman, May 20, 2011.

1. speero

speero

All of what this guy said.

Would you rather make lots of money with lots of risk? Or lots of money with little risk? You don't even have to be a trader to answer B. for that question...

It makes much more sense once you've implemented a strategy successfully ONE TIME to market that strategy as if it's the holy grail. I love that someone brought up the Gold Rush - I did a paper on entrepreneurship in college and cited that.

#21     Jan 19, 2012
  2. i called the clowns bluff years ago. a shameless hustler.

#22     Jan 19, 2012
  3. western

western

Sykes has made over $1 million off his website and subscription services since he started a couple years ago. Thats a proud accomplishment and I will be the first to congratulate his success.

Tim spends his time promoting his website and business. Meanwhile others here spend all their time posting on ET.

Are his services overpriced and of marginal value? Maybe, but who cares. I don't think he's violating any laws, and he's making money and thats all that matters.

#23     Jan 19, 2012
  4. I see some useful people still havent left et.

#24     Jan 19, 2012
  5. speero

speero

Questionable... We're talking pink sheets, not GOOG.

#25     Jan 20, 2012
  6. The banker doesn't ask if you made it trading pink sheets or goog, but the investor might. Either way, nice system.

#26     Jan 20, 2012
  7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Sykes is a complete huckster.

His book on Amazon sucks and generally any negative comments are removed by him within...minutes. Pathetic.

He feeds on the weak-minded so obviously he has a bright future in the USA.

#27     Jan 20, 2012
  8. dlonET

dlonET

LOL funny but true and sad.

#28     Jan 20, 2012
  9. speero

speero

I'm not even talking about his 'hedge fund', or whatever he has nowadays. I'm talking about his sub services, and using his subs to pump his positions. I don't have proof that that is what's going on, but the possibility of that happening seems pretty obvious.

#29     Jan 21, 2012
  10. This point holds no water in the 50 gallon tank.

Every single newsletter or alert service is like this. This is not exclusively a problem with Tim Alerts, but it's not like I've ever subscribed. His model is excellent and all this nonsense about him frontrunning doesn't change his business model, because that's really what this discussion is about and he's not the only one that blasts e-mails about his latest trades. Usually the trades are short "carcass company" penny stocks, but the more I watch the model the more I think it makes a lot of sense.

Tim Sykes is no different than anybody else when it comes to his business practices, so stop saying foolish, jealous things about an excellent model manager!

#30     Jan 21, 2012