How's Tim Sykes making more money selling alerts than trading?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by elitetradesman, May 20, 2011.

1. Bernie Madoff made money for decades. Big money too. lol

#11     May 23, 2011
  2. Because one is scalable and the other one isnt

#12     May 23, 2011
  3. Tim Sykes may be a shameless self promoter but he talks very openly about exactly what he is doing. Follow his blog for any length of time and you will find his strategy is discussed quite openly.

He is constantly bashing penny stock promoters so it is not at all surprising that they in turn try to bash him, but the information at the pennystock link ranges from disingenuous to deliberately misleading. The Covestor model mentioned is not the same trades that Tim does for his subscribers, it was supposed to be a more conservative strategy. The review I linked from CXO seems reasonably objective. Tim has an edge but his subscribers may not get such good entries and so may not achieve the same level of returns.

FWIW, I have never subscribed to Tim's services but I followed his blog for a while.

#13     May 23, 2011
  4. gaj

gaj

#14     May 26, 2011
  5. cubecode

cubecode

Any idea what trading platform he uses or if he is with any pro firms?

#15     Sep 21, 2011
  6. The last I saw (about a year ago), he had accounts with Thinkorswim, Sogotrade, and InteractiveBrokers. He liked using E-trade Pro for charting. Search his blog posts for that stuff.

#16     Sep 21, 2011
  7. Tim Sykes may be a shameless self promoter but he talks very openly about exactly what he is doing.
    ---------------------------------

YEP, and he is making more money than 99% of the ass clowns on this site. So, lets see......would one rather be pretending they make money...????? Or would one just make money and watch everyone else fumble around pretending?

Hummm.....:eek:

#17     Sep 21, 2011
  8. he needs folks to pile in after he trades, thus his high supposed win percent.

he's a frontrunner.

with his supposed record, he could make millions without having to pimp himself.

but he couldn't, since if he kept his mouth shut, he wouldnt have 500 turkeys banging down the stock after he gets short.

are you all fools?

#18     Sep 21, 2011
    Joe6Pack likes this.
  9. shem131

shem131

He doesnt make as much money trading as he does from his subscribers for a reason...He cuts his profits short everytime to ensure that he is definitely making a profit..After being consistent with this, his track record goes up and this makes you want to pay for his services...As said before, its not easy to find shares to short...He does almost all the time, but not everyone can.

#19     Jan 16, 2012
  10. I explained his scam clearly . His followers GUARANTEE him a profit as he is manipulating the flow. Are you all imbeciles?\

No , don't bother answering that last question. It's redundant.

#20     Jan 18, 2012