how's this deal look in comparison?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by ysl280, Apr 30, 2007.

1. I'd say negotiate w/ your current firm for a better deal.

Get .004 and 90% payout for a start, they'll probably be willing to give it to you since you've already proven yourself.

There's no reason to change firms if you're already successful and profitable with one, unless the current firm doesn't want to negotiate (and that's pretty rare, all companies want to keep profitable people).

#11     May 1, 2007
  2. ysl280

ysl280

thanks. i will, i'm itching now to move i guess. i want to get into some other asset classes and am looking for ways to get into more of a hedge fund type experience. (though i don't know how realistic that is.) i've learned what i can here.

#12     May 1, 2007
  3. you're making 20K / month now.

If you renegotiate to the sample terms I specified, you'd make about 25K / month, and you can probably negotiate an even more favorable deal then that if you really want to push.

25K / month.. 300K / year, no reason to change anything with what you're doing.

#13     May 1, 2007
  4. ysl280

ysl280

haha, no, no reason to change unless im not learning.

i think the reason why i make even that is because i dont really think about the numbers. but i've stopped learning here. and i would take a significant cut to learn. i would even intern to sit with the best. but a lot of these hedge funds or institutions only hire pedigree. ivy grads with finance degrees.

#14     May 1, 2007
  5. Dustin

Dustin

I could have that deal tomorrow (I almost have it now but have never asked for more)...so could he. I know someone who gets multiples of that.

#15     May 1, 2007
  6. I can see a select few getting that kind of leverage (200-1 or more), but not some new guy who just walked in from another firm.

#16     May 1, 2007
  7. Dustin

Dustin

With his numbers he could get what he desires within a few months at the place I trade. Maybe not right when he walks in the door.

#17     May 1, 2007
  8. If you prove yourself to be consistently good, they'll give you 5 million BP w/ zero risk capital. The risk capital is just to problem themself against noobies blowing up their accounts.

#18     May 1, 2007
  9. ysl280

ysl280

i see now that i should be getting a better offer. thanks all.

anyone trading out in cali with a good deal...please feel free to p.m. me.

#19     May 1, 2007
  10. ysl280

ysl280

I would like to hear more opinions on trading experiences with Tuco, Cygroup, Genesis and Assent. If any has, feel free to pm

#20     May 3, 2007