How's my portfolio. Is it diversified enough?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ginux, Mar 2, 2006.

1. ginux

ginux

Come on guys. Face it. Goog is all you need. One company to rule them all.

#21     Mar 9, 2006
  2. Questions/Suggestions for the 100% GOOG portfolio guy...

1st: What Price did you enter GOOG stock?

2nd: Do you actually think you know what you are doing?

3rd: How did you feel when it dropped 12% this week?

4th: What price do you add to this MAGICAL stock of yours?

5th: You should seriously consider Protective Puts like Jan 07 and very out of the money like 250 level...

6th: What happens when they offer another secondary like the 3.14 Million shares (It was PI--If you didn't know)......They thought they were going to get added to the S&P 500 so they increased the float to help persuade Index Funds Mangers to use their power and get them added without drastically driving the price higher on the day they announced the addition(It never happened)...You must believe you know something Wall Street doesn't know.....

7th: Seriously diversify and become an investor not a gambler who thinks someone will pay him off for last year's Super Bowl Winner..

8th: CLICK FRAUD SETTLEMENT....I warned you!!!! That had to hurt 12% in a week

9th: Sorry this is so mean sounding, but If you really just own GOOG as your portfolio then you deserve this thrashing..

10th: Get Rich Quick Scheme's don't work very well with a company in the news everyday!!!

Look the S&P 500 INDEX ( Last 3 Months) is even beating such A SAVY Investor as yourself ( A SIMPLE MAN'S INDEX FUND IS rocking YOU BY 33% in 2006)

#22     Mar 12, 2006
  3. ginux

ginux

I'm a long term investor.
    I went in at 250.
    Seriously. The market gyrations do not affect me a bit. I'm more or less immune to it by now.

My stop loss is at 240.

The reason it is being battered down recently is because the market got ahead of reality. They expect too much from Google. So right now, they are adjusting their expectations.

After the price has dropped and stabilised, the upward trend should continue, albeit at a more reasonable pace

#23     Mar 12, 2006
  4. Machron

Machron

Quote from ginux:

All comments, bad and good, appreciated.

My Portfolio
    -------------------------------
    GOOG (100%)

Ok. That's it.

You're doomed dude.

MACHRON

#24     Mar 12, 2006
  5. $250 Is a good price for GOOG...I was thinking you may had entered the day you started this Post....Now that would of been dumb....I understand GOOG as an excellent Long Term Hold entering at the $250 Level....Just had to make sure you didn't enter at 400+ level....

No Disrespect Here...There Is a possibility you are on to some amazing long term trend

$COST AverageMAN

#25     Mar 12, 2006
  6. further to go down, no q about it.
    treble digit stock and at da moment doesn't deserve it.
    beta stocks that don't deliver can and do fall 50-75% easily...the price it reached was all built on expectation of sustained growth and flawless execution: both fundaments are not there anymore.
    I would take profit and move on, will likely go to at least to 250 as previous posters stated.

#26     Mar 12, 2006
  7. ginux

ginux

ALL RIGHT! it's time to revive this thread!

#27     Apr 20, 2006
  8. keyser1

keyser1

congrats man. i'm about 35% goog stock + 10% goog long options. Its gonna be a good quarter.

#28     Apr 21, 2006
  9. ginux

ginux

hahaha. congrats to both of us then!

#29     Apr 21, 2006