hows housing in your backyard?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by risky63, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Drew07

Drew07

I heard some areas of Arizona are still booming...this true?

#11     Feb 21, 2007
  2. Alizar

Alizar

Seems like things have mostly just flattened off here in Denver. I think it's been that way for about a year now.

I have a couple friends who just bought houses. Sounds like they got decent deals, but nothing spectacular.

#12     Feb 21, 2007
  3. Tom631

Tom631

Hello,

I live out on the east end but not in the Hamptons. A neighbor of mine sells real estate in the Southampton area and she told me just the other day that some buyers are coming back for high end homes.

I'm in the Riverhead area and houses that would have been snatched up during the frenzy are now sitting for a long time...

Which lumber yard. Riverhead Building Supply?

Best of everything when you start your own fund.

#13     Feb 21, 2007
  4. San Diego is weak. 20% hair cuts below zillow zestimates. Too many speculators bought condo's and are trying to rent them now so they dont have to sell. Puts downward pressure on rents. More places to rent to live in than ever before here.

Told my landlord to take a hike when he tried to raise my rent, now he is begging me to stay at the same price :D

Hell no, I can get more now for my money now, c-ya.

#14     Feb 21, 2007
  5. fusionz

fusionz

'

well only know about Phoenix and Tucson, they aren't booming.

#15     Feb 21, 2007
  6. S2007S

S2007S

About 20 minutes from where I am now there are luxury condos going up, a ton of them. There only about 3 blocks from where they built luxury condos in the late 1980's early 90s where most of them went bankrupt and they couldn't give them away. At that time they were selling for 80k-125k today that same condo goes for 350k-400k.

I'm sure most of whats being built in that area will have a tough time selling them, most of the top executives working there have already been let go.

#16     Feb 21, 2007
  7. There 8 homes on my street. Two are for sale. One for 3.4 mil and one for 1.9 ....neither of them will get their price anytime soon.

#17     Feb 21, 2007
  8. S2007S

S2007S

Thats what usually happens. However some don't even want to bother even doing that so they walk away from them taking the loss. Sometimes it can take 10-15 years before you can walk away with some kind of profit.

#18     Feb 21, 2007
  9. S2007S

S2007S

around the block from me a guy just did this big addition to this house, raising the roof and adding another probably 1000SQ to it. Asking 1.75 million, I laugh every time I drive buy it. Its been on the market for about a month now. Ill let you know when it sells and how much he actually gets for it.

#19     Feb 21, 2007
  10. Arizona and Nevada are dead. I know many builders and realtors in both.

It is 180 degrees from the peak in 2004. I saw it with my own eyes in 2003/2004/2005. It was unbelievable. Centex and Pulte couldn't build fast enough. They were selling 105 homes a day IN A SINGLE SUBDIVISION. They actually had lotteries in order for people to buy condos in Henderson (Del Webb - a division of Pulte).

Now, they are walking away from land that I personally saw and walked, and could have tried to buy (Nevada and Arizona - Henderson and Glendale, respectively).

#20     Feb 21, 2007