How's everyone doing in 2008 so far?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by IzzyfoShizzy, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Kap

Kap

good question.. via a fairly complex structured deal through a hedge fund, prolly a bit too much to go into here but that should giv you an idea.. certainly not something i could set up myself.

best, Kap.

#41     Mar 5, 2008
  2. Kap

Kap

nice one.. in normal circumstances I'd be v happy to be + 25% in the first quarter.

yah , was caning it in January, hence they caught on and stopped my little games :eek: ..I was thinking its a matter of time .

#42     Mar 5, 2008
  3. Better than last year...+8.5k and chipping away and not being a greedy douchebag.

#43     Mar 5, 2008
  4. great start for me this year... very lucrative

#44     Mar 5, 2008

5. G'day Tomaz.

Many, including myself have had a ripper year so far, but I can assure you I've had some shockers too. I've only started posting in '08 so you haven't heard about my sorry years.

#45     Mar 5, 2008
  6. HKIB

HKIB

I monitor my performance weekly. As of last Friday, I have one down week, and I am up 19.6%.

#46     Mar 5, 2008
  7. Kap

Kap

This quarter is indeed a traders market, and if you havn't been creaming it in this volatility then its prolly time to tell yourself what your doing isn't working and your feeding the few - shocking huh - but its time to delete all those shmindicators that guide you through the madness and move on to pastures new.

Price action, Kap.

#47     Mar 5, 2008
  8. I see lots of artless morons boasting with drunken swagger. These are the same morons who are fearing recession, real estate and filled with doom & gloom. Its easy to print praises about your shoddy little egos when things are not looking so great for you.

#48     Mar 5, 2008
  9. Rest of the trading world is having rough year, but its amazing to see how our depressed doom and gloom crowd that runs before the Lion roars is having an amazing year with double digit gains. These are the same people who sell on rallies, scalp for living, day trading with less than $25,000 accounts and yet they seem to enjoy great returns in a very tough market ? Amen.

Here is a link How Hedge Funds are doing in 2008 trading into major losses all around. I see this all day long...

http://www.thestreet.com/s/hedge-fu...ancial-services/10406322.html?puc=_htmlbooyah

" A tumultuous market on Wall Street is battering hedge fund managers harder than they've experienced in years.

Hedge funds saw their worst month performance in about five years in January, generating a composite loss of 2.46%. It's the group's worst month since July 2002, when funds saw a loss of 2.86%, according to Chicago-based industry data group Hedge Fund Research. "

#49     Mar 5, 2008
  10. ozzie123

ozzie123

Well it's pretty bad for me. Everything that worked perfectly during 2007, even during the meltdown on August-December, somehow stopped working on January and February.

I'm now back to the drawing board. A little time off from the market wouldn't hurt :)

#50     Mar 5, 2008