How's everyone doing in 2008 so far?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by IzzyfoShizzy, Mar 4, 2008.

1. I was breaking about even but then the end of last week completely destroyed me. I'm down about 8-10% right now.

I'm just trying to find out whether its because of the market conditions or just because I'm a beginner and have much to learn...

Either way, I've got to do something to get back in the green. I'm thinking of learning more about analyzing and trading technically.

#21     Mar 4, 2008
  2. Tomaz26

Tomaz26

Hi,

its funny how most researches says that at least 90 % of traders loose money yet I rarely see any losing trader here in ET. Is it possible that only winners are posting or is trading now reversed, 90 % of people are making money?

I am new to this so dont try to start any flame war, its just that from reading posts here I can only see everyone makign money so I really dont see who is loosing all this money and how trading can be so hard is almost all people here make money. Any thought?

#22     Mar 4, 2008
  3. LOL, :)
    maybe it's because the losing ones are shy to confess and prefer the denial... 90% losing is an understatement, it must be closer to >95%.

#23     Mar 4, 2008
  4. People are embarrased to tell you they lost money. (although I have posted my losses before) I even admitted to blowing out an account. Im making money now. Up 19.5% for the year, but March has been bad for me so far. Down about 4.8% these last 2 days.

#24     Mar 4, 2008
  5. Mschlau

Mschlau

I'm having a good year so far. But mostly because of january. I made a killing january when leap puts that I purchased on the q's quadrupled in value. Otherwise, trading has been eratic. Trying to stay heavy cash now, but still got slammed pretty hard on friday. Its still sure to be a very green quarter though.

#25     Mar 4, 2008
  6. had a great feb and jan not so great march:( its early though

#26     Mar 4, 2008
  7. Up 6 percent this year after a real shitty Feb.

#27     Mar 4, 2008
  8. le140

le140

Our doom and gloom crowd very helpful in bringing down the markets to its knees with or without the recession. [/B][/QUOTE]

Everyday I miss reading stuff like this from you. Please keep it up. You're the best. Now that Timmay/Stocktrader are gone, you 're now the main reason I am addicted to ET.

LOL

#28     Mar 4, 2008
  9. My stocks are down but many pay dividends so assuming we don't fall into a depression, I expect that they will be up in the long run. Other stocks I own are waiting for FDA approval so if they get it, then I should be up alot sooner.

I am up so far year to date on forex trading so I guess that means I am one of the 10% of traders that make money trading but its not my day job.

#29     Mar 4, 2008
  10. mgarc

mgarc

i took a HUGE hit in my account in the middle of january. i've spent the past several weeks trying to recover from that debacle. as of today, i'm glad to be finally positive again for the year.

#30     Mar 4, 2008