How'd Everyone Do This Month?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by DrawDown, Jul 1, 2006.

1. I made no secret of that...did you open it from my website? The dates are all there.

Paper Trading and real trading are just the same to me. Its part of my testing of every system I trade and present. When Wifey got involved she would no longer allow me to paper trade and we agreed to put the $8,800.00 in to one of the subaccounts in FxTRADE. She now trades exclusively full time and does not have another Job like I do. She is finished with her studies and has now decided to pursue trading. She likes her schedule and her graveyard shift and has displayed the beginnings of a great female trader, in my opinion.

First is to backtest..then to forward random test...then to live trade...I started this project of this current system I am presenting in Feb 2006. I have been trading Retail Spot Forex live since July 2004.

I have seven subaccounts and trade several systems on and off, throughout that time, but they were all live and I was profitable, but I discontinued the carry trade as this year has been tough on the carry trade. ...

I could keep a room full of traders busy....

Michael B.

#11     Jul 2, 2006
  2. About 12% in my discretionary account. I was following the commercials in GBP/USD.

Don't ask me how my 'other' accounts did :)

And don't ask me again on August 1 :)

#12     Jul 2, 2006
  3. I am just amazed at how detailed you are. Sorry if I came across a little harsh. Look at my my last post to get an understanding at how different are trading strategies are.

http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71398&perpage=6&pagenumber=3

#13     Jul 2, 2006
  4. scalper21,

I trade the hard way, because I do not have the balls or the brain to trade other ways. Everything in life that I have had to do takes me a little bit longer than the other guy, including my series 3.

Good Trading to You.

Your observations about me being detail oriented are not new. Many people have told me that, while they're red in the face.

ElectricSavant

#14     Jul 2, 2006
  5. + $13,529 on a 32k acct..............no overnites,daytrades only on ES & YM.

#15     Jul 2, 2006
  6. Great job Spooz!

#16     Jul 2, 2006
  7. I have not traded the last 2 months because the work load and raising equity for an extremely success trader has been one opportunity that only an Idiot would pass up. My moderate returns don't hold water to these numbers. 50% plus month backed up by a mid 20% month.

This is a scalping system mixed with an options method.

I will catch shit for posting this but I have to "toot the horn" for this Trader. He is at 40M now and will be 100M by year end, so this performance is not on 500K.

I will post 3 or 4 managed accounts that he runs now without any info on the Trader as he can not hold himself out to the Public.

I post this so it may inspire traders to push themselves and put that carrot out there for the next emerging manager to work harder.

Trade well

#17     Jul 3, 2006
  8. cknucks

cknucks

+1.5% on the month
    -0.75% on the quarter

Got hit on stocks, but lucked out betting on higher short term interest rates.

Current stock position is pretty low right now, as I'm having a tough time gauging direction, with Big Ben changing tunes every week or so. Hopefully next quarter will be a money maker.

#18     Jul 3, 2006
  9. hedon99

hedon99

+72.5% on the month.

Turned 40K investment to 69K in June ... I have to admit, Thursday and Friday last week offered a very favorable and rich market conditions and accounts for half of the profits.

Anyway, good luck to you all.

G.

#19     Jul 3, 2006
  10. Better than +1% for Nov06. :D

#20     Nov 24, 2006