Howard Davidowitz: "The Worst Is Yet to Come"......and its so true!!!!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, May 15, 2009.

1. I agree, I used to take him seriously before, but there was this one time when he got excited when FAZ went from 4.50 to 6. The funny (or sad) thing is that he has been averaging down FAZ since it was at 150.

#21     May 15, 2009
  2. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

your post seems very reasonable.

btw, i'm certainly not an economist and i don't pretend to be one either.

i also like what someone else said earlier in this thread about how the stock market and the economy are not the same.....i would agree with that. eventually, i suspect they do tend to synch. up over time....but the path getting there is not a straight line for either one.

i've seen many traders lose $$ because they are trading "the economy" and not the numbers they see right in front of them.

imo, traders would do well to remember the old but still very true saying, "the market can stay irrational longer then you can stay solvent".

i do enjoy reading the wide spectrum of economic opinion, but i always keep the above statement in mind when i'm actually in the market.

#22     May 15, 2009

3. The market never should have went to 6500. Dumbo gets in office and drives it down even further. This is a sucker's market as long as he is around.

#23     May 15, 2009

4. honestly........who are you kidding. I started employment in 1975. Worst I have seen in my lifetime. Certainly there will be pockets of strength. I do not think anyone believes the published employment rate.

#24     May 15, 2009
  5. He's never had a "losing" trade, until he finally puked a LONG FAZ trade at $29.60 in single digits. Another ET "paper-trader" who gets paid by the post and trades odd-lots in his IRA.

By posting one "Doom & Gloom" post after another, he mentally masturbates and rationalizes why it is that he can be so unbelievably WRONG on the market, when the Economy looks so horrible.

Quite twisted, but I guess it works for him. :D

#25     May 15, 2009
  6. Sounds like the post of someone that got completely CRUSHED playing the short side of the market during one of the biggest rallies ever . . . and blaming it on Obama.

God I hope you don't manage other people's money for a living.

#26     May 15, 2009
  7. I do not. But I've been there (Basel) many times.

#27     May 15, 2009
  8. Have not been short this year at all, I stayed out a good part of late January and February. You are an object of subterfuge Landis. A great bullshit artist indeed. I will give you that. I would not pretend to manage someone else's money. I don't need to nor have the desire to. Do you have any other explanation for the trip down? I am all ears for a rebuttal.

It still is a sucker's market, until the numbers say otherwise.

#28     May 15, 2009

9. better get some puts...............just in case.

#29     May 17, 2009
  10. Stefo

Stefo

you people

you commoners

you useless eaters

you just don't get it

Everything is going according to plan :cool:

#30     May 17, 2009