how your industry doing?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by watchdaride, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Are you nuts?! It's maybe not like it was last year, but I can see like 5 buildings going up in the surrounding 20 blocks from me in the village...and this isn't normally a high-rise type area and that's what they're building.

Where do you live in the city that makes you think there's not so much construction going on? :confused:

#11     Jun 15, 2007
  2. Yes, they put those buildings up overnight and even close the entire deal over a cup of coffee in 5 minutes.

Ask any developer about construction prices and see what they have to say. They are the biggest deal breaker right now.

But I think you already confirmed it, it's not like it was last year. It's not on fire, this is 2007 not 2003. And it's getting worse with time, as the construction prices are not dropping.

#12     Jun 15, 2007
  3. dozu888

dozu888

in IT consulting.

cap ex is still very active and demand for experienced consultants are high.

#13     Jun 15, 2007
  4. Talk to guy in the pawn shop business. He says business is booming this year . He says people are pawning stuff to pay for gas to get to work . WOW

#14     Jun 16, 2007