How you pay yourself

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by cashmoney69, Feb 16, 2007.

1. I searched for a thread like this, but I didn't come up with anything, but if there's another, please tell me what search words you typed in.

In the past week or so, things happened in my life to where I'm going to need to start taking money out of my account (for a few things) but I wanted to ask how you manage you gains.

Say you make 5,000 this month...what % of that goes to savings, and how much do you leave in your account?

Lol, I've never really had/ made enough money to worry about this problem, but it's somthing I need to start thinking about sinse this month, if I sell a position, I'll make like 1200.00. Dont laugh, to me thats a lot of money. :p

cm69

2. I just take out what ever i need

3. There we go, thanks.

4. Donkell

Donkell

I searched for a thread like this, but I didn't come up with anything, but if there's another, please tell me what search words you

You can't search for more than one word at a time here, I've tried what you are writing about. Here is the answer they gave me. It works great.

Go to Google and click on Advance Search. Put the term or phrase you are trying to find in whatever "box is most clear" The big thing is go down to DOMAIN so it only does a search on Elitetrader.com.

Great results, if you put the clearest phrase in one of the two top boxes at the top where it says "Find results"

don

5. Take something out monthly. The amount is not important. The gains made in trading do not mean a thing until you spend them.

Making your trading tangible is a very rarely discussed topic and important.

Michael B.

6. Just make sure you put money away for Uncle Sam!

7. I overfund my EIULs and VULs.. Each time the 7-pay is met, I just take out more policies..

8. I like to leave the money in the account giving a false sense of reality (I have an extra 5k to play with). This way I am less inclined to remain as astute as I should and usually lose it all. Then.....when I get back down to the base I work like hell to make gains. I am joking....but I have done this more than once. Why? Who the hell knows, probably chemical imbalances, ha!

I'm a helluva lot more profitable when I skim the earnings and focus on producing from the base as opposed to building the base to levels I do not need to trade.

It's tequila-thirty...have a good weekend.

9. I pay my taxes quarterly...

#10     Feb 23, 2007