How you deal with the Stress and Anxiety?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by bat1, May 4, 2013.

1. My advice: automate your trading! You can then use the time for better things, like raising capital etc. I've done it and I don't even need to read financial news anymore.

#31     May 5, 2013
  2. May be, look for a good 6 months of volunteering overseas.
    Chose a sunny country, and may be look to volunteers
    with very old aged people, so that you can get clear
    about what you want ( and do not want )
    for the rest of your life.
    Please realise this is some free advice on a forum.

#32     May 5, 2013
  3. jinxu

jinxu

I know this is off topic and a little insensitive, but can you write about what happened in your divorce and why did it happened and how are things right now? I'm interested in this subject especially with traders.

#33     May 6, 2013
  4. someone dared to ask. But then if bat1 is willing to share so as to educate all of us, we'd be thankful.

Why the volunteering suggestion in a sunny country, working with old people?

- as he is now old, he will develop fear of aging and dying. And this will basically condition quasi all his decisions and lead to many bad long-term choices. Working with old people will remove this conditionning/programming , and give him more free choices.
    - he has no friends : volunteering will put him in contacts with a lot of people , and allow him to just relax and see that some people can be friendly just because they like other people
    - he seems to have low self-esteem ( very depriaciating comments as fat and lazy) , so the doing good for 6 months will remove a lot of this
    - the sunny country : obvious. the more sun, the better moods, ... and very likely to slim a lot as well.

Now this is free advice on a website.

#34     May 6, 2013
  5. Masturbation always did it for me. plus a little pot helps too...

#35     May 7, 2013
  6. Bob111

Bob111

that's too much..2-3..as for releasing endorphins-how about sunbathing? i love to take a short 15-20 min nap outside on the middle of the day :p
    i think i'm getting there-

:)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_tanning

#36     May 7, 2013
  7. Im sure this is something that all traders have to deal with. So i guess i would say, take it in stride, dont over think too much, i see there have been good suggestions, even doing a little bit of this helps. i normally go to the local Y and play some afternoon basketball about 3 times a week, and this seems to help a lot. I figured, if i can put my body through the rigors of workouts, then when it comes to trading, the stress on my body wont really affect me much. But then again, i have always been into working out. And that includes weigh lifting.

#37     May 8, 2013
  8. I am still trying to face this problem of stress. When I am in stress I don't know what I should do now. Now I have started to think in such situation that this time will be passed. So it is working a bit now.

#38     May 10, 2013