how would you sell a working system, if you had a better one

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by confused-NOT, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Since FX covers much more scalable markets than most others including futures, are you saying the FX system should be priced at $200 million (say 10 times), if not more? Not bad. Not bad at all. :cool:

#41     Dec 3, 2006
  2. the good old ET skepticism, you know I heard it before,

if you are good why this

if you are good why that

but does it occur to you people that if you got shit money

like 7 k, and you double that in 3 months

and you need to put food into your mouth and you have car payments and rent.

what good is your doubling in 3 months if account can not grow.

2 years ago I started school full time

tuition is on the rise too

so gentlemen I am not 35 nor 55, I don't have 50 k to turn into 100 than 200 than 400 than 800 and go on my merry way

there you go that is the real dilemma :(

of course I will eventually get to the point I want to get, but that is few years ahead of me

#42     Dec 3, 2006
  3. You in fact do not seem confused...:) :) would you accept 200 million from illiquid?

#43     Dec 3, 2006
  4. Why not just take a cash advance on a credit card? Borrow 10 or 20K at 5% for the life of the loan, the interest would be peanuts compared to what you are netting.

#44     Dec 3, 2006
  5. Yeah, selling systems part-time is better than oil. :D

#45     Dec 3, 2006
  6. borrow money to trade...illiquid I am shocked!

#46     Dec 3, 2006
  7. actually he might be onto something here

sure I was raised in a way to never consider that

but desperate times call for desperate measures

#47     Dec 3, 2006
  8. So you might negotiate with illiquid? maybe he could get it for half price?

Why don't you get an experienced trader to trade it for you with money on deposit in escrow? The money is released in stages to you as he makes it...There can even be a clause for a lump sum payment if he "early-on" sees that you in fact were not lieing...You get to monitor his trades to make sure he takes the trades and trades it as you have written. If he does not take the trades and he figures out your system...then take all of the money according to a breach...

#48     Dec 3, 2006
  9. Electric, you sir insult me

do you think that a person who comes up with two good systems

really needs more experienced trader to do it for him

I AM A GOOD ENOUGH TRADER

and keep in mind although I am 25

my mind if far older

#49     Dec 3, 2006
  10. You misunderstood...Your ability to collect might not be the best with a newbie..You are not a vendor looking for new meat right?

read the late edits above...

by the way I have a lot of respect for you and what you have accomplished...quit playing with me.

here you have a 100 million dollar offer from illiquid and you are holding out for more :)

#50     Dec 3, 2006