how would you sell a working system, if you had a better one

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by confused-NOT, Dec 1, 2006.

1. you are too kind, too kind :D :D

#11     Dec 1, 2006
  2. They only show *closed* trades to people that are not subscribed. One trick I can think of is start a system that doesn't allow subscribers. Suppose you trade 20 contracts: Open a position for 20 contracts and at the exit signal close 19, and hedge the remaining one. In that way all statistics, equity curve etc. will appear but the individual entries and exits will never be shown. If the system performs as expected you'll be contacted by people that want to subscribe and can negotiate a one-time fee for full disclosure of the system.

#12     Dec 1, 2006
  3. http://www.hamptons.com/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You know Nick Nolte runs around the BH neighborhood in his pajamas. So do not make fun of my 1990 plymouth voyager with simulated wood grain siding :) We make our money the old fashioned way...we earn it...said in that voice

#13     Dec 1, 2006
  4. I'll look into this, but do you think owners of collective2.com are trustworthy

I mean they look like a little bank of systems, I guess they are okay

#14     Dec 1, 2006
  5. electric, I wish you were family

you could kick ass on forex, and I would do futures

hmm... you know I have a sister :D :D :D :D :D

#15     Dec 1, 2006
  6. confusedNOT I am married for 19 years...plus you could not afford me :)

and never trust a Capricorn...lol

Good Luck with your quest...careful about recruiting...the Mods might misunderstand...oh...:)

#16     Dec 1, 2006
  7. confused, NOT:

There really aren't any easy solutions to this problem. The fact is, any type of leasing or selling of systems opens you to fraud, theft, and deception. If you don't care about the system, then oh well. But if you do, then you need to protect yourself, and truthfully, there is no security measure that cannot be breached by people who really want it. For that reason, we went to managed accounts, and there is (in my opinion) no other way to solve the problem...

#17     Dec 1, 2006
  8. 19 years,

what the hell are you thinking man

I like to be independent

I find ladies to be, how should I put this.

not as smart

#18     Dec 1, 2006
  9. good point, good point

#19     Dec 1, 2006
  10. Wifey is like that bottle of 2002 vintage fine red wine I posted...I really mean that. she still reads this site you know :)

#20     Dec 1, 2006