How would you run a stock up?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Quickless, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Grinder

Grinder

I've always wondered why the pumpers on the message boards are so bleeding obvious. It's like there trying to attract the complete morons instead of the masses, if they wen't about it in a different way they could really clean up.

#11     Jan 3, 2012
  2. Gee, this sounds a lot like most of the IPOs in 2011! :D

Another common method is when unscrupulous operators buy what is called a "Stock in a Box". This is basically a defunct company that is still listed on some exchange. They then perform a reverse merger with the new "Hot" company and as a result control the stock. The PR campaign then runs up the stock and the rest is as Swan Noir described. A lot of the Chinese stocks followed this well tested model.

#12     Jan 3, 2012
  3. flatbush

flatbush

Who wrote the book mentioned, THE MIDAS TOUCH? Thank you.

#13     Jan 26, 2012
  4. It's 35 or more years ago and I don't recall. I'm sure it was a pseudonym. You're not out of Chicago by any chance? I see you are a recent joiner of ET. Welcome to the brawl ... lol.

#14     Jan 26, 2012
  5. flatbush

flatbush

I'm in Brooklyn and THANK YOU!

(If you can offer any hint about the book (othen than >25 old) send it...)

#15     Jan 26, 2012
  6. flatbush

flatbush

(Because it seems to be a popular title for books on related subjects.)

#16     Jan 26, 2012
  7. Fade the opening gap.:)

#17     Jan 26, 2012
  8. Beyond the title I can't really be of much help. Are you considering stock promotion as a trade?

#18     Jan 26, 2012
  9. flatbush

flatbush

No, or at least, not yet. I am reading a variety of books relevant or peripheral to these topics and trading. Your approbation made me want to read this one.

#19     Jan 26, 2012
  10. A real pump and dump scheme is the Financial Analyst getting paid $20 million to put a buy rating on a stock like Enron. Think that was Morgan Stanley doing that, but basically the issuer paid them to do that.

#20     Jan 26, 2012