How would you play NKE if you thought it was going down by $3?

Discussion in 'Options' started by JesseJamesFinn1, Sep 27, 2016.

1. What strategies would you employ to bet NKE will fall by $3 or go up by $2? So much negative sentiment I wonder if NKE will meet expectations or collapse like Merrill Lynch and other research houses think? Would you buy some calls and puts?

2. vanzandt

vanzandt

It will either gap down tonight and climb tomorrow.... or it will gap up tonight and continue the climb tomorrow.
    It will be higher next month for sure. Barring a broader market disaster.

JesseJamesFinn1 likes this.

3. Thank you, I've been playing FB again sticking to what I know and thought about taking a small gain and try to see what happens. Your advice is always appreciated my friend!

4. vanzandt

vanzandt

I will say this however.... if they miss badly, we are sitting at another market top. Nike is like Home Depot... it speaks volumes.

5. 1shooter

1shooter

seagate has been doing well lately for what ever reason

6. DB Trades

DB Trades

I sold the $52 put this morning, which is ok for now. Hopefully it does not open much lower than it is in the after hours market (current $54.40).

7. DB Trades

DB Trades

And bought back for a nickle.

8. With Options its hard to capture the highest gain with weeklies,

NKE's a great company, my position was not very big after selling some ger

I've been pretty forward with my trades, today I've been working out of my TWLO after holding it for several weeks its been so strong. Also my old partner FIZZ has made me some bank, stick with what you know. I've been buying FIZZ Puts because I followed the stock up from $15 to $63 and its tanking hard. I might Short PEP after FIZZ's keeps on imploding and avoid playing with NKE in the future.

vanzandt and DB Trades like this.
  9. DB Trades

DB Trades

I have played PEP to the short side twice this summer and it worked out. FIZZ and TWLO are a bit illiquid. I'd have to have a lot of conviction on those to get in. That being said, if FIZZ gets much lower....so many of the CPG/beverage players have great balance sheets and might be willing to buy it.

JesseJamesFinn1 and vanzandt like this.
  10. vanzandt

vanzandt

I new you were going to do well on that one. Congrats to ya. ;)

#10     Sep 28, 2016
    JesseJamesFinn1 and DB Trades like this.