How would you fix the health care problem in the US?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Eliot Hosewater, Jul 22, 2009.

1. slacker

slacker

Also forgot public schools, K-12 and State Colleges and Universities.

#11     Jul 22, 2009
  2. 1.) remove state mandates which drive up the cost of insurance and limit choice. OPEN EVEN MORE LOOPHOLES FOR INSURANCE COMPANIES TO DENY PAYMENT

2.) Remove the prohibition on buying insurance from other states. GREAT. LET SCAMMERS FROM NO REGULATION STATES FAST TALK CONSUMERS INTO A POLICY THAT CANT BE COLLECTED ON. STATE INSURANCE REGULATORS ARE THE CONSUMERS FRIEND BECAUSE THEY SCREEN OUT BAD COMPANIES.

3.) Remove most insurance regulation - they mostly serve to decrease competition for insurance providers and doctors and to raise costs and lower choice for consumers. HOW HAS THIS IDEOLOGY WORKED FOR THE FINANCE INDUSTRY LATELY?

#12     Jul 22, 2009
  3. BSAM

BSAM

Shut down the war in Iraq. Provide free health care to all USA legal citizens.

This so-called government we have spends truckloads of money all over the planet on things one can hardly imagine. And the citizens have to suffer without proper health care? Bullshit.

Make the health care system in the USA, not for profit. Yes, this does mean run by the government. Would be better than the chaos/ripoff scam we have now.

#13     Jul 22, 2009
  4. OBAMA made a tactical error. he let insurance reform get too complicated. now those profiting from the status quo can demigog the reform with scare tactics.
    Obama should have simply said he was going to expand the same plan government employees and congress has to include everyone.

#14     Jul 22, 2009
  5. Maybe that was per person.

#15     Jul 22, 2009
  6. dozu888

dozu888

exactly.

just let the market sort it out. Get rid of bottlenecks like the AMA, which is 'hoarding' the medical licenses, and putting collars on physicians' pay.

Let every kid who wants to become a doctor be a doctor. Let every physician visit / medical exam/test that can be outsourced to India be outsourced.. there we solve the cost side of the problem.

On the buying side, medical care is not a right. People need to work for it. If people are too lazy to work for it, then let them die. Clean up the gene pool.

Sell side/buy side problems solved. Piece of cake.

#16     Jul 22, 2009
  7. remove state mandates which drive up the cost of insurance and limit choice. OPEN EVEN MORE LOOPHOLES FOR INSURANCE COMPANIES TO DENY PAYMENT

The loopholes are written into the regulation. I hate to burst your bubble, but it's your friendly regulators and state legislators who write these loopholes in AS COMPENSATION TO INSURANCE COMPANIES FOR THE MANDATES THE REGULATORS MANDATE. The state's job is to enforce the contract, not write in loopholes. Take the power to write them away.

Remove the prohibition on buying insurance from other states. GREAT. LET SCAMMERS FROM NO REGULATION STATES FAST TALK CONSUMERS INTO A POLICY THAT CANT BE COLLECTED ON. STATE INSURANCE REGULATORS ARE THE CONSUMERS FRIEND BECAUSE THEY SCREEN OUT BAD COMPANIES.

Unsurprisingly, you're wrong again. State regulators (or national ones for that matter) work for the insurance industry - not for you. Furthermore, contracts are not enforced by regulators but by LAW. A company that breaks a contract is in breach and the terms of the contract can be enforced by the legal system as they are in countless contracts every day. The American legal system already has an adequate system of laws to enforce contracts.

furthermore, you are incredibly insulting to people. You may assume that since you are too stupid to understand the terms of a contract, everyone else is as well. I assure you, the rest of the country is not that stupid.

3.) Remove most insurance regulation - they mostly serve to decrease competition for insurance providers and doctors and to raise costs and lower choice for consumers. HOW HAS THIS IDEOLOGY WORKED FOR THE FINANCE INDUSTRY LATELY?

When you can name a single regulation that was removed and that would have prevented the bubble, you be sure to let me know. Until then, we will just understand your spew to be the ALL CAPS rantings of an amusing but uninformed useful idiot with unsubstantiated claims and zero logic. But, you have my sincerest congratulations on figuring out how to use your caps lock.

#17     Jul 22, 2009
  8. Those of you who support the abolition of the AMA choke hold, count me among you.

The AMA purposely limits the number of doctors so as to keep existing doctors' incomes above market.

More competition.

#18     Jul 22, 2009
  9. Mnphats

Mnphats

Just to name a few off the cuff. I am sure we can put together a list several pages long with out trying.

#19     Jul 22, 2009
  10. Let me get this straight....

You want the very same government that screwed up everything else to be trusted to provide your child with something as important as health care?

Are you sure you don't want to rethink that?

#20     Jul 22, 2009