How would I find this trade setup?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ghpt1999, Jul 15, 2019.

1. ghpt1999

ghpt1999

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to trading and I'm trying to find setups for a swing 'bounce' method when trading stocks.

I am currently using ProRealTime and the Interactive Brokers platform for finding trades but I'm looking to find the following candlestick pattern (or similar of course) with further technical analysis to follow.

As you can see in the attached image, it is a 2 candle reversal pattern that I would like to find in an up-trend period ideally with the reversal candle cutting the 50,100 or 200EMA followed by a confirmation candle, displaying a higher close price and higher lower shadow.

ProRealTime uses .ITF files for scanning. Would there be a script to download/create to display these parameters?

Apologies if I've written this post poorly, I'm still very new and learning how to start finding trades!

SimpleMeLike likes this.
  2. dozu888

dozu888

no bother... this will not work.

tommcginnis and murray t turtle like this.
  3. %%
    Partly correct;
    its a seldom seen signal 'cause they are usually loving it or hating @200dma.

AS far as finding that pattern;
    OK Trader 1999 .
    That is why some say focus on a few. For example i record 200dma for SPY; but would NEVER mindlessly buy or sell @ that level.Good question.:cool::cool:, :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:.