How would I do this?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by cashmoney69, Nov 23, 2006.

1. foible

foible

That's crap.

Over the last year, people here have given you lots and lots of advice. You've kept a Journal in which people have commented directly on your trades and offered detailed suggestions.

What else do you think a mentor is supposed to do? If you want a complete strategy, there are plenty out there, if you are willing to put in the time to learn.

I don't mean to be the only discouraging jerk in this thread, but someone has to say this. You've demonstrated no money management, no discipline, no coherent strategy and no long term profitability.

Get your own trading in shape before you inflict your dose of gambling on anyone else.

#41     Nov 30, 2006
  2. I'm talking about a real effing person that sits down with you and talks me through a trade, and someone who will let me watch him/her trade..etc...

If you wanna be "the asshole", I guess I'll pitchin:

I dont know you, or anyone else on this board for that matter. It's been said before, so I dont mind saying it again, that most the people on here dont trade, cant trade, have traded and washed out, and probably VERY few still trade profitably. I dont mean to sound like a jerk to those of you that ARE real traders, but until I can match a face with an account statement, I take everything said on here with a grain of salt.

" You've demonstrated no money management, no discipline, no coherent strategy and no long term profitability. "

Wow, thats really false..obviously you're one of those people who have not read my journal. Have you read it, you'd know that my money management IS improving, as well as my profitability

"Get your own trading in shape before you inflict your dose of gambling on anyone else."

Get my own trading in shape BEFORE I inflict others?... If I had my trading "in shape", why would I need to inflict anything on anyone in the first place.

#42     Nov 30, 2006
  3. romik

romik

Cash, you don't need a mentor, you need to start a journal and at least record all your trades using 1 method/per journal, after 1 year you will know what to expect. It's as simple as that. I don't know anything about you, I haven't read much of your previous posts, I am assuming that you're a new kid on the block, found a tradable strategy, done some back-testing, but haven't actually traded it due to lack of funds. If that is so, I would start at least a journal and dedicate yourself to it. Real trading might be a different ballgame for you, but that will depend on quite a few factors.

#43     Nov 30, 2006
  4. spinner

spinner

This says it all.

cm69, perhaps you should try prop trading if you want to trade with greater capital. Listen to Don Bright's forum today after market close. (Get into the room now while it's still available.)
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=80880

#44     Nov 30, 2006
  5. cash - MOST people on elitetrader will think you are full of shit, yes. HOWEVER, if you can make money, you will get business. It might not be instant, but you will get it.

Start with collective2.com and post a link here so we can track your progress. If it's good, people will subscribe.

Good luck.

#45     Nov 30, 2006
  6. My understanding cash is that if you provide a general 'newsletter' you do not need to be licensed. Check the collective2.com site as well, there are some faq's there and also an active forum.

#46     Nov 30, 2006
  7. Another idea.. start an investment club.

Because I'm not profitable on weekly basis, managing money for friends and starting a news letter is not the best idea. An investment club is not regulated (with funds under 25 million) and members dont need to have a license. Trade / investment decisions would most likely be done by a vote, so therefor, I would not take all the heat, for things not working out.

cm69

#47     Dec 1, 2006
  8. 4re

4re

BINGO!!! Now you are starting to think with your head and not greed. I think Romik suggested this and it is a great idea. You might even have a couple of members that are already traders and could help you learn as well.

#48     Dec 1, 2006
  9. cash - good idea, but may be hard to implement and maintain - just a heads up. I've had experience in investment 'clubs' and at first, they are great... all the info sharing, talks, etc. but unless you have a handful of 100% dedicated traders/investors, the club will be hard to maintain. I'm not suggesting to not try to start one, but just be prepared to be the only one at first dedicating time and money to it. If you go this route, you mind as well post here where you are located and where the meetings will be held (I suggest Panera if they have a conf room - you can 'rent' it for free if people in your group get coffee and bagels).

While starting this, I would still consider collective2. You can get some good feedback here and who knows, you may just get a subscriber or 2 who will actually pay you money!

Good luck!

#49     Dec 1, 2006
  10. So what happened to it?... why'd yours fail?

#50     Dec 1, 2006