how would a US citizen short China?

Discussion in 'Options' started by cognitivefun, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Many trends go a lot further than most people ever predict. It may not be too late at all. By many measures China equities appear very overheated still.

#31     Apr 27, 2004
  2. Ok, while you were mumbling platitudes I was taking my profits on the long side. HHI just popped 3.0% from morning lows.

But more power to you.

#32     Apr 27, 2004
  3. :) :D

#33     Apr 27, 2004
  4. ktm

ktm

Did you take this trade? Down 20% since I posted this.

Pure chance from my perspective...but still.

#34     May 10, 2004
  5. hylt

hylt

#35     Jun 12, 2004
  6. New China ETF trading on the NYSE. Symbox FXI.

#36     Oct 12, 2004
  7. If you want to short China in general. CBOE just introduced china index futures CX will be traded on Oct. 18,2004
    here are the details:

CBOE China Index Futures Contract Specifications:
    - Ticker symbol: CX
    - Trading hours: 8:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. CT (Chicago Time).
    - Trading platform: electronic trading via CBOEdirect.
    - Price quotation: quoted in terms of the underlying CBOE China Index.
    - Contract size: contract multiplier is $100 per point. For example, at an Index level of 300.50, the CBOE China Index futures contract would have a value of $30,050.00.
    - Contract months: up to three near-term contract months and three months in the March quarterly cycle.
    - Minimum price intervals: $0.05 ($5.00 per contract). Stated in decimals.
    - Termination of trading: will ordinarily cease on the business day (usually a Thursday) preceding the day on which the final settlement value is calculated.
    - Final settlement date: the third Friday of the expiring month.
    - Final settlement price: the final settlement price for CX futures will be a Special Opening Quotation (SOQ) calculated using the first (opening) reported sales price in the primary market of each component security of the index on the settlement date.
    - Delivery: cash settled on the business day immediately following the settlement date.

Hope you won't be burnt. :cool:

#37     Oct 13, 2004
  8. hylt

hylt