how would a non-profit prop firm llc structure work, could it work?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by chewbacca, May 24, 2007.

1. #11     May 24, 2007
  2. What's the point w/o access to leverage? The model makes no sense w/o a JBO. Otherwise it's an investment club.

#12     May 24, 2007
  3. I wasn't necessarily thinking of equity traders. I only trade futures, and I have plenty of leverage.

It makes sense to the extent that one would like a social atmosphere in which to work rather than his own home, as well as sharing costs of office space, top-notch internet connection, daily refreshments, etc. A small group might also negotiate better commissions from a broker than a single trader.

#13     May 24, 2007
  4. Good points, all. I was thinking solely from an economic-perspective.

#14     May 24, 2007

5. yes - this is what i'm talking about, it actually goes a step further being a self clearing firm.
    clearing costs for equities are probably sub .001/share - that's why many firms can offer .002 rates and still make 1k per trader per month if the guy does 1 million a month.......even i got a .002 quote from one firm without him even asking me how much volume i did, i decided not to go for it because they used a platform i never heard of. now you have some firms that charge .003 and .004 and their making 2-3k per month off their traders and providing shit service in return.

#15     May 24, 2007
  6. I looked at it last year and they planned to set up an office in nyc. They are still planning. If they can't set up an office in nyc, they won't be able to have enough interest to set up any office in the states.

#16     May 24, 2007
  7. SDticks

SDticks

Since they specialize in futures, they should really look into opening up in Chicago. I'm guessing a lot of people would leave their futures prop firms there for a set-up like that.

#17     May 24, 2007