How will you play dollar crash?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jsv416, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Somehow the closing scenes out of that 'Carrie' movie come to mind...

#21     Mar 18, 2009
  2. About to print a 9 momo sell on the daily. Selling Eur/Usd at 5pm. Stop is 20 pips above today's high.

Target is ~1.33

#22     Mar 18, 2009
  3. Buy a Warhol print to combat weakening $$$... They are pretty cheap these days.

#23     Mar 18, 2009
  4. Ballsy. Let's see how that goes.

#24     Mar 18, 2009
  5. eagle

eagle

This is the first thread that I have enjoyed reading all the posts. Let me sum up:

Before 2pm:
    - Beware bomb will be dropped.
    + Nah, no such thing could happen
    - Bomb could be dropped
    + No, no. Impossible for such crazy thing can happen

After 2pm:
    - Bomb dropped
    + People die and some left for good.

:D :D :D :D :D

#25     Mar 18, 2009
  6. I've been thinking about doing this, please everyone let me know your opinions. Just putting my cash into a basket of currencies and rebalancing monthly. Wouldn't that essentially keep you constant with regards to currencies?

I don't think you want to just be in currencies, since they are all competitively devaluing, but I think I'll always have a portion of cash.

#26     Mar 18, 2009
  7. Unfunded liabilities can't bankrupt you since the liabilities can be removed by policymakers.

Furthermore, those liabilities go towards spending -within- the economy. Worst case, medicare spending goes to make higher percentage of GDP go into medical services ... subsidizing a wealth transfer.

#27     Mar 18, 2009
  8. I have been saying pretty much the same thing for months. The Federal Reserve and the U.S. government are playing a game of ultra high stakes poker here and just went all in... The best I can see for the future at this point is that we reflate the bubble as best we can and then the crash to end all crashes comes in another decade or so... Ron Paul must be losing his fucking mind... I am afraid the point of no return has been crossed. If we had just sucked it up and taken our medicine for all of the irresponsibility and excess of the last couple decades people my age might have had a chance to build some wealth on a solid economic foundation. But instead, AS IS ALWAYS THE CASE, the government panders to the constituency that has all of the money and political power, i.e., baby boomers who are getting ready to retire and cannot stand to see all of their assets continue to plummet. This is REAL shortsighted in my opinion and will probably make a TRUE recovery impossible for a very, very long time.

#28     Mar 18, 2009
  9. FWIW I was stopped out on first trade but took this 5 count sell for 67 so 37 net..

This rally has more steam, will look in 3 more days for 13 count sell or series of lower highs and lower lows...

#29     Mar 18, 2009
  10. Unless you have bona fide inside information...
    This is ALWAYS true.

FX is for hedging, not gambling...
    Like if you live in a country other than USA...
    And have legitimate business reasons to hedge your local currency.

#30     Mar 18, 2009