How will YOU determine that we have bottomed?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SoyUnGanador, Jun 16, 2022.

1. themickey

themickey

Right, so believe in charts (group think).
    But don't follow the crowd who group think.

#41     Jun 18, 2022
  2. Brace for impact. Either they lower rates immediately and kill the dollar or we have an epic crash. Energy prices are the alpha input to all economic activity.

Or, as Mr. Soros and his theory of reflexivity might muse, the crash, when it begins, will strengthen the dollar which will open the door to lowering rates again. But not without speculators taking a bath first. He did make a fortune betting against profligate governments....

#42     Jun 18, 2022
  3. We bottom when around 90% of guests on CNBC and Bloomberg are predicting a recession and a deeper bear market. We are currently at around 95%.

#43     Jun 22, 2022
    murray t turtle likes this.
  4. KGTrader4

KGTrader4

Funny, i was thinking this morning, that i think AAPL goes to $95 before it starts basing for real. I wrote calls on it yesterday, took in $9.25 in premium for the Oct 140's

#44     Jun 22, 2022
  5. Well then, either you are a genius or you are retarded!

#45     Jun 22, 2022
    murray t turtle likes this.
  6. KGTrader4

KGTrader4

IIRC, Greenspan didnt give a rats ass about what the market did. He was going to do, and did, whatever it took to kill inflation and he was successful. I was buying CD's at the time with my kids college money, getting 14% and losing 5% of my purchasing power :D

#46     Jun 22, 2022
  7. KGTrader4

KGTrader4

Not sure i understand the rational behind your comment, but i can honestly say there is a good chance its the latter. I know less than SoyUnPeredador LOL

#47     Jun 22, 2022
  8. Great minds either think alike or retarded minds think alike. We'll know which one it is later.

#48     Jun 22, 2022
  9. MKTrader

MKTrader

You're thinking of Voelker in the early 80s. Greenspan did care about the markets and intervened several times...not nearly as extreme as Bernanke and Yellen later, but he did use rate cuts to try to prevent crashes.

#49     Jun 22, 2022
  10. KGTrader4

KGTrader4

Got it. Two guys in the same boat. Which boat, TBD

#50     Jun 22, 2022
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.