How will YOU determine that we have bottomed?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SoyUnGanador, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Thanks David's faith! Not sure how to get around it, but I did some googling, and I find stuff like this:

https://www.userwalls.news/n/scrutinizes-swiss-currency-practices-3357891/

and

https://nomisec.com/business/us-scrutinizes-swiss-currency-practices/

But those both seem to indicate the U.S. was not trying to get the Swiss to weaken their currency, but the U.S. was concerned the Swiss were trying to weaken their currency and the U.S. didn't like it! Seems the opposite of what you were saying no?

#31     Jun 17, 2022

2. LOL, you got me Bad Badness. But in all fairness, I have absolutely no clue what I am doing... and I know it. :)

Thanks for your input!!!

Lot of good input in this thread.

#32     Jun 17, 2022
    Bad_Badness likes this.
  3. wildchild

wildchild

If Overnight thinks it is going to continue to tank, that is a pretty good indication that we are near the bottom.

#33     Jun 17, 2022
    ondafringe likes this.

4. LOL. Overnight is #1 in my book, but he might indeed be the only guy on this forum wrong as much as me haha.

#34     Jun 17, 2022
    ondafringe likes this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Technically they never did until now, but the interest rate hikes were considered mini QTs.

Check the following list of rate-hike rates, and draw your own conclusions as correlated to how the SP performed during those periods...
    fed rate hike cycle 2015yo2022.JPG

Sorry the text is so small, click it to expand it. Note the dates of the up/down moves by the Fed.
    It will be when Powell and his lackeys announce that they will be ending the balance-sheet runoff and pausing hikes.

#35     Jun 17, 2022
  6. #36     Jun 17, 2022
    nooby_mcnoob and MacBookProHo like this.
  7. nitrene

nitrene

I get the impression Powell wants to avoid that again. I think he also knows the potential ignominy of being called Arthur Burns 2.0.

Most likely he will have to do it at some point since that's all this economy knows. This is the land of rolling bubbles since they shipped all the industries to Mexico & China.

Frankly after the Treasury & Fed shenanigans of 2008 I lost hope in any real price discovery. They now want to pretend everything is okay -- of course papered over by free money form the government endlessly.

#37     Jun 17, 2022
  8. I read they eased the pressure. Meaning they were okay with more easing.

#38     Jun 18, 2022
  9. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Bounce at midterms, bottom when Biden out.

1st target = March 2020 lows by December.

#39     Jun 18, 2022
  10. Market will bottom sometime this coming Winter. Can pick it within 5% accuracy if you go by the chart patterns. Ignore subjective stuff like it must be the bottom because everyone else believes market will continue to tank. Just look at the chart, it will tell you within 5% accuracy when to back up the truck...

#40     Jun 18, 2022