How will YOU determine that we have bottomed?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SoyUnGanador, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Bear market will end either
    A. Market "plays-out" typical bear market price pattern... that may take more than another year.

B. Market anticipates "JPOW will cave and start juicing again"

#21     Jun 17, 2022
  2. Hello Overnight,

You are a smart man. Nice and simple.

Two questions please.

1. What month and year did the Feds stop QE?

2. How will you know when the Feds start QE again?

Thank you

#22     Jun 17, 2022
  3. What a HUGE mistake that was! Lead to the mess we're currently in.

If JPOW chickens-out again this time, we'll have 10 years or more of double-digit inflation. That will wreck almost everyone.

If he "sticks to his guns" and allows the market to "price-out" excesses, we'll have a strong bear market that lasts 2-years??... and then can proceed with recovery.

#23     Jun 17, 2022
    KGTrader4 likes this.
  4. I agree. I was believing same as Overnight. But he yet has tools instead of QE he did not previosuly have - to lower interest rates again. He doesen't have to buy. If the FED gives guidance it would potentially be enough, no buying necessary. Inflation elevated is not a problem as long as every currency is having it. That's why they reached out to Switzerland again about the manipulation...

#24     Jun 17, 2022
  5. 100% Disagree!! Persistent high inflation is a KILLER!!! Not like a "bullet behind the ear", but more like taking the "Covid death shot". (Excluding, of course, those unfortunate to die from the shot right away... :()

#25     Jun 17, 2022
  6. " Inflation elevated is not a problem as long as every currency is having it. That's why they reached out to Switzerland again about the manipulation..."

David's faith, I think I agree with Scat that your statement about not a problem as long as every currency is doing it is not accurate. But I'm curious about you indicating they reached out to Switzerland about the manipulation - did they really? Who and when? Is there any information I can read on it? I've always thought if Switzerland is the only government in the world not printing massive amounts of money I should open an Oanda account and start dumping all my money in it, going long the Swiss Franc. I can't believe it hasn't appreciated more already...

#26     Jun 17, 2022
  7. Swiss franc is risky because it has still negative rates and secondly it is basically a fundamentally stronger Euro as the SNB owns so much of it and seeks parity. I will come to you back shortly regarding the article. I am curious whose opinion is right, gentlemen.

#27     Jun 17, 2022
  8. Thanks David's faith, I will be looking for info re the article. And I had not realized those things about the Franc, thanks!

#28     Jun 17, 2022
  9. Bad_Badness

Bad_Badness

Yeah it has to bounce along the bottom and hold for awhile. This is not a single dip, whiplash, buy the dip scenario. Also you will see it when the ES 1000 contract blocks start flying by on the buy. I assume these are players taking consolidated position while their stock block trades get filled, and ride the ES for the bump up.

Whenever the middle class thinks they are millionaires, buying everything and anything, like they will have money forever, is when I go flat or short for a swing.

Or when the OP posts for the 8th time that "this is the bottom". Even a broken clock is correct once or twice a day.

#29     Jun 17, 2022
  10. www.nytimes.com/2022/06/10/business/economy/switzerland-currency-dollar.amp.html
    Sorry for the paywall but you may go around it with Google. By the way - The FED has a tool I forgot about. The Repo. Basically by allowing banks to drain from it they can start a way of easing without announcing a QE since it is not them who buys the assets

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
    #30     Jun 17, 2022