how will we know america is returning to its christian roots? more hatred of gays.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Mar 29, 2012.

1. nope. i have been with the same woman for 45 years. i think homosexuality is misguided but i think its something gays are born with.
    way back in the early 1970s i had a highschool classmate who was gay. this was back before it was acceptable and in the rural area i lived in it was not tolerated.
    you just knew he was different. his mannerisums were always feminine. after we graduated i heard he caught aids and was one of the early aids victims. sad story all around but i dont think its any of my business or any religions business to judge him much less preach hate against people like him.

#31     Mar 29, 2012
  2. Brass

Brass

You asked FT is he was gay. I thought maybe you were pulling a Lucrum. Not that it's any of our business, but FT just answered your question. You may or may not get a PM from peil, however, who's willing to travel. :D

#32     Mar 29, 2012
  3. BSAM

BSAM

I didn't understand from what angle he was posting.
    Be a good dog now, T; much as you can.

#33     Mar 29, 2012
  4. jem

jem

Binary thinker...

Odd you are against preaching hatred of gays... but you foment hatred of those who believe in God.

#34     Mar 29, 2012
  5. Brass

Brass

Orientation is something you're born with. Religous intolerance is born of ignorance. And it's not "hatred of those who believe in God." It is just intolerance of the intolerance and stupidity. There's a difference.

#35     Mar 29, 2012
  6. stu

stu

A hatred of the hate that christian haters hate with, is a hate of Christians is it?

Distorting logic and reason to extremes in accommodating a religious defense of the indefensible, will be another christain hate trait.

#36     Mar 29, 2012
  7. us skeptics dont hate people who believe in god. i dont hate you. you are an endless sorce of amusement.
    we hate the stupidity that comes from that belief and only strive to educate so that you gain to courage to look inward and possibly escape the delusion that has control of your mind. thank me later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPs_j1EEplI
    The Skeptic in the Room

#37     Mar 29, 2012
  8. jem

jem

Binary Thinker...

If you had no animus then why do you lie about science to support you world view?

#38     Mar 29, 2012
  9. Brass

Brass

Parody, right?

#39     Mar 29, 2012
  10. i dont. you are the one, as has been pointed out here by many of us, who makes shit up to conform to what you believe.
    see what i mean about amusement? you just keep giving.

#40     Mar 29, 2012