how will we know america is returning to its christian roots? more hatred of gays.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Mar 29, 2012.

1. hitlers views were directly related to christianity. his hatred of jews came directly from martin luther the father of modern christianity:

Hitler and Martin Luther
    Submitted by todangst on March 27, 2007 - 1:15am. Some theists attempt to argue that Hitler was an atheist. While this claim is untrue, focusing on Hitler's religious beliefs is actually irrelevant: what matters is that Hitler called upon pre-existent, christian inspired hatred and persecution of Jews, and for this reason, christianity is one of the culprits for the holocaust:

Luther's Racism

The magazine Christian History, Issue 39, 1993 (published by Christianity Today) devoted a whole issue to Martin Luther's life and legacy. Pages 38-39 quote his work On the Jews and Their Lies which gives us an idea about how moral Luther's views were:

"Set fire to their synagogues and schools. Jewish houses should be razed and destroyed, and Jewish prayer books and Talmudic writings, in which such idolatry, lies, curing, and blasphemy are taught, [should] be taken from them." Their rabbis [should] be forbidden to teach on pain of loss of life and limb."

This is a man held to be a moral authority? Luther also urged that "safe conduct on the highways be abolished completely for the Jews," and that "all cash and treasure of silver and gold be taken from them." What Jews could do was to have "a flail, an ax, a hole, a spade" put into their hands so "young, strong Jews and Jewesses" could "earn their bread in the sweat of their brow." Do you think any Fuhrer you may have heard of might have gleaned an idea or two from that last passage alone? In fact, think of Hitler while reading the next paragraph.

Luther proposed seven measures of "sharp mercy" that German princes could take against Jews: (1) burn their schools and synagogues; (2) transfer Jews to community settlements; (3) confiscate all Jewish literature, which was blasphemous; (4) prohibit rabbis to teach, on pain of death; (5) deny Jews safe conduct, so as to prevent the spread of Judaism; (6) appropriate their wealth and use it to support converts and to prevent the Jews' practice of usury; (7) assign Jews to manual labor as a form of penance.

Is there no clearer blueprint for the Final Solution than the works of one of christianity's greatest reformers and moralists?

Worse yet, Luther was no paper philosopher - he advised clergy, their congregations, and all government officials to help carry out these measures. Since most Jews had been expelled from Germany before 1536, Luther's counsel was implemented by few officials. Yet a harsh anti-Jewish measure in 1543 mentioned Luther's On the Jews and Their Lies.

Both Luther's friends and his foes criticized him for proposing these measures. His best friends begged him to stop his anti-Jewish raving, but Luther continued his attacks in other treatises. He repeated as true the worst anti-Semitic charges from medieval literature: that Jews killed Christian babies; they murdered Christ over and over again by stabbing eucharistic hosts; they poised wells. As usual, he did not allow facts to deter him from his emotionally driven lies.

Luther now thought what he had accused Catholics of thinking in 1523: Jews were dogs. "We are at fault for not slaying them!" he fumed shortly before his death. Yet one more hypocricy for the master of hypocrisy.

http://www.rationalresponders.com/hitler_and_martin_luther

#21     Mar 29, 2012
  2. Brass

Brass

"All?" You really thought this one through, too, eh? Gays never "procreated" among themselves to begin with. They resulted from heterosexual intercourse. Gays have been around throughout recorded history and continue to survive to the present day. What does that tell you?

Seriously, are you on medication?

#22     Mar 29, 2012

3. I guess it's a foreign concept to you but generally I know where the hell I'm going and what I'm doing so I don't "need directions" in the first place.

#23     Mar 29, 2012
  4. Brass

Brass

How could you possibly know where you are or where you're going when you don't know the difference between left and right?

#24     Mar 29, 2012
  5. so. evolution is a fact?

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." -Sir Winston Churchill

#25     Mar 29, 2012
  6. BSAM

BSAM

#26     Mar 29, 2012
  7. Brass

Brass

Looking to hook up, are you? I think your best bet here is with peil. He's willing to travel. :D

#27     Mar 29, 2012
  8. BSAM

BSAM

Tdog...I've always tried to play fair with you, so there's no need to try to start some kind of horseshit.

#28     Mar 29, 2012
  9. Brass

Brass

And I admire the considerable effort it must have taken. I was kidding earlier. Were you?

#29     Mar 29, 2012
  10. BSAM

BSAM

Was I kidding about what?

#30     Mar 29, 2012