how will we know america is returning to its christian roots? more hatred of gays.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Mercor

Mercor

Your hatred of Christians far exceeds any Christian pity of sinners.

2. We Have A Responsibility…as unbelievers, we have a responsibility to the future of our species to do whatever we can to disseminate the science and eliminate the myth.

"Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; and no man ever had a distinct idea of the trinity. It is the mere Abracadabra of the mountebanks calling themselves the priests of Jesus."
    -- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Francis Adrian Van der Kemp July 30, 1816, denouncing the doctrine of the Trinity and suggesting it to be so riddled in falsehood that only an authoritarian figure could decipher its meaning and, with a firm grip on people's spiritual and mental freedoms, thus convince the people of its truthfulness

3. Mercor

Mercor

Science is consistently disproving itself.

4. I keep bumping into lesbo's that are now dating men.The gay thing ain't working out.Must be genetic.I suppose if you're born this way, ya wouldn't change but....but it's okay for women change their mind even if it's against the born this way thingy.

5. as a thinking person you only have 3 options when you see a religious person make a statement like the one made in the video. one agree with them. second stay silent. third shout them down.
    do you agree with what the preacher said?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

6. Brass

Brass

There are many roads to "enlightenment." Let's not forget the JetBlue pilot, who recently had a religious experience/breakdown:

...Osbon started rambling about religion. He scolded air traffic controllers to quiet down, then turned off the radios altogether, and dimmed the monitors in the cockpit. He said aloud that "things just don't matter" and encouraged his co-pilot that they take a leap of faith...

...Bill Curley, a friend of Osbon's for nearly 30 years, said Osbon was a Christian who had become "increasingly" religious but wasn't fanatical...

http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/sto...-erratic-on-plane/5Gq3yZlyYEGvLwGlhzwPqQ.cspx

7. Brass

Brass

Take a moment to really and truly appreciate the absurdity of your comment.

8. I'm sure Bruke meant "shout them down". What does burke say about being rude and obnoxious and people with big mouths? :cool:

9. Funny you mentioned Jefferson, by far my favorite founder. He knew as the declaration was being drafted, that slavery is going to come back and bite us in the ass. Alexander Hamilton of course disagreed. Those were some smart cats back in the day.

#10     Mar 29, 2012