How will New Electronic markets affect trading systems?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SuperCruz, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Many of the pits are closing the end of the month in the Futures Markets which is going 100% electronic.

How is this going to effect trading system since we don't have a open anymore and the only published data is the timeframe of the combine session?

2. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Yes Trading many markets will be different now. In markets other than the S&P500 and stock indexes , opening range break will not exists since the open to close gap is only the 30 to 60 minutes many of these electronic markets are close. I am working on this issue and how it effects system trading. I will post some results and analysis here over the next few days.

3. Thanks for the reply, Murray. :) When will you post the results and analysis?

4. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Sorry , I have not gotten a chance to finish that research. I hope soon. We have been working on the new Professional version which will be a free upgrade to anyone who purchases TradersStudio between July 1 till mid September.

5. Anyway, thanks Murray for the reply. I shall wait and wishing you good luck for the new version. :)

6. Commercial users still give "significance" to the original opening times in the pits. Nobody wants to look at their screen 23 hours per day.